Type keyword(s) to search

Share your Mini Monster-Mash-up?

• Start Topic

Ever wonder how the walking dead would fit in your favorite stories? No, me neither. But season five won't start till October, so we have to make our own fun.

I always love the Little House on the Prairie volume "The Long Winter"; since it is a story of isolated, starving people trying to survive, it seems like some walkers would make it even better. Or worse, if that's what you like.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Laura Ingalls shivered as she stood in the doorway of the claim shanty. "Ma!" gasped Laura, "Pa showed me the biggest herd of zombies you ever saw. He says the thicker the zombie herd, the colder the winter will be!"
In her rocker by the stove, Mary shrugged."Ma says the only good zombie is a dead zombie."
"They're all dead you idiot!" retorted Laura. "That's the whole point of being a zombie!" She heard Ma's gentle voice from the kitchen,"Laura,don't contradict." Laura slumped in her chair, hoping that Pa would return from hunting with a big jackrabbit, or a rattlesnake.
**********************************************************************************************************
Charles Ingalls was waiting in Harthorn's to pay for the salt pork he'd had to buy, when he heard a noise and saw a walker banging at the door of the general store. The other men rose up, but Pa said "Stand back, boys. He wants to do it himself!"
The zombie crashed through and headed straight for Charles Ingalls. "Grraggaack!"
Pa frowned." When? How many?"
"OOaghhisssgack!"
Pa split its skull with a garden rake, as Almazo Wilder asked: "What did it say?" Pa sighed. "Big storm, heap big snow, many moons. Crap."
***********************************************************************************************************
"What's wrong Charles?" Ma wondered as Pa took off his buffalo coat. "Nothing's wrong Caroline, but tomorrow we're moving to the funeral home in town. It's a sight warmer than this shanty."
The girls exchanged smiles as Ma brought out the secret surprise and place it on the table before Pa.
"What's this, tea?" as he sipped from the cup. "Judas Priest that's moonshine! Where'd you find moonshine out here in Dakota territory?"
Laura and Mary and even little Carrie could not be still any longer.
"Ma made it! Ma set up a still in the pantry and made white lightning!" They all laughed.
Suddenly the light at the window went dim, and a crash hit the north side of the little shanty, howling and shrieking.
"There's that blizzard I told you about Laura!" said Pa.
Ma smiled gently. "It's a zombie herd, Charles. They're breaking down the door."
Pa shook his head in wonder. "Don't that beat all? You're right Caroline, as always. I plumb forgot!"
Then they all laughed again, because they were free and independent and pretty much dead already.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh, YES. kikismom, awesome. I loved those books as a kid and have gotten my daughter to read some too. I'd read them again with this twist.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just to shake things up...and waste some time this afternoon...I thought that instead of inserting the events of the show into books from the past, what would happen if I could see how the future would remember this crisis? "Don't Look Back?--nah, someday they will look back at the halcyon days of the apocalypse.

Edited by kikismom
(edited)

There has to be something for Judith and other babies to read in ten years to learn about the days of the ZA....so I've been playing at making future comic book covers---

DoyEygy.jpgEFiuQIR.jpg

Edited by kikismom

One of my favorite webseries is "Doraleous and Associates," a series of animated shorts about a dysfunctional group of sword and sorcery heroes.A while ago, they did their own crossover with the show. It starts a couple minutes into this.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1
(edited)

We've all talked about the Wiz of Oz and the Toy Story similarities. Watching the marathon, I had forgotten about the Gov.'s little notebook with the list of names ending with Penny then  //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////   for the rest of the pages.

It made me think of the typewritten pages in The Shining; all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I mused on the potential of the Gov. as Jack; swinging his golf club through the bathroom door (Heeeeere's Brillip!!)

Lori would be Olive Oyl--oops I mean Shelley Duvall. She has the figure and the dress sense and the bug eyes...and doesn't know what's up with her only child.

I would like the child to be Baby Judith though; she would be so cute moving her finger Wedwum! Weddddwummmm!

I think Gareth doing his creepy smile with the underlighting would make him a great bartender telling Rick how he  co-RRECTED his family.

The creepy little girls in the hall could be a CGI of Lizzie as identical twins asking Judith to play.

I suppose Daryl could find Sophia not in a barn but in that damn bathtub.

Morgan Jones would of course be awesome as the wonderful cook played by Scatman Crothers; giving warnings about the evil entities and coming back at the end in a rescue attempt.

Any other movies that you would like re-made---with TWD characters in the roles?  :-D

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

We've all talked about the Wiz of Oz and the Toy Story similarities. Watching the marathon, I had forgotten about the Gov.'s little notebook with the list of names ending with Penny then  //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////   for the rest of the pages.

It made me think of the typewritten pages in The Shining; all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I mused on the potential of the Gov. as Jack; swinging his golf club through the bathroom door (Heeeeere's Brillip!!)

Lori would be Olive Oyl--oops I mean Shelley Duvall. She has the figure and the dress sense and the bug eyes...and doesn't know what's up with her only child.

I would like the child to be Baby Judith though; she would be so cute moving her finger Wedwum! Weddddwummmm!

I think Gareth doing his creepy smile with the underlighting would make him a great bartender telling Rick how he  co-RRECTED his family.

The creepy little girls in the hall could be a CGI of Lizzie as identical twins asking Judith to play.

I suppose Daryl could find Sophia not in a barn but in that damn bathtub.

Morgan Jones would of course be awesome as the wonderful cook played by Scatman Crothers; giving warnings about the evil entities and coming back at the end in a rescue attempt.

Any other movies that you would like re-made---with TWD characters in the roles?  :-D

Dukes of Hazzard:

Rick = Bo Duke

Daryl = Luke Duke

Michonne = Daisy Duke

Herschel = Uncle Jessie

DaGuv = Boss Hogg

Merle = Roscoe P. Coltrane

Carl = oh hell, I don't know.  Cooter as a kid, maybe?

• Love 2