Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Trivial Pursuit

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

The card wants the name of it, but I suppose I can let it slide.  It was the "Sidewinder soup and salad".

Damn I knew that one, because I love that scene and all the weird names of the dishes. That's what I get for working at work.... And off I must go again.

• Love 3

Correct!

Current standings are unchanged:

• Ditty -- GREEN, BLUE, PINK, PURPLE, YELLOW
  • Diane -- ORANGE, BLUE, PINK, YELLOW, GREEN
  • catrox -- PINK, GREEN, ORANGE, PURPLE
  • AwesomO -- BLUE, YELLOW, PINK
  • Sue -- PURPLE, GREEN, BLUE, ORANGE, PINK
  • sarthaz -- PURPLE, ORANGE, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW

Our next category is Join the Hunt (ORANGE):

What is the pen name of the author of the "Supernatural" books?"

Correct!

Current standings are unchanged:

• Ditty -- GREEN, BLUE, PINK, PURPLE, YELLOW
  • Diane -- ORANGE, BLUE, PINK, YELLOW, GREEN
  • catrox -- PINK, GREEN, ORANGE, PURPLE
  • AwesomO -- BLUE, YELLOW, PINK
  • Sue -- PURPLE, GREEN, BLUE, ORANGE, PINK
  • sarthaz -- PURPLE, ORANGE, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW

Since I accidentally used a blue question early, our next category is Angels and Demons (PINK):

Who kills Cain's wife Collette?

really?  Wow. I think it's debateable.  I thought it sounded like she broke her neck but the dramatic point was to make Cain literally as well as figuratively responsible for her death.

Your call.

• Love 1

Abaddon says something like, "If I can't have you no one can" while she's killing Collette.  I would argue that Cain isn't stupid.  He would have only tried to stab Collette to get Abaddon if he thought she was already dead.  But I honestly don't care if I win or not.  The fun is in the trivia, not the acquisition of colors. :)

10 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

Abaddon says something like, "If I can't have you no one can" while she's killing Collette.  I would argue that Cain isn't stupid.  He would have only tried to stab Collette to get Abaddon if he thought she was already dead.  But I honestly don't care if I win or not.  The fun is in the trivia, not the acquisition of colors. :)

She was holding Colette as ransom to get Cain back. If she harmed Colette further what would that have gotten Abaddon? Cain would have killed Abaddon for harming Colette.  I don't think Cain thought Colette was already a goner. I thought he believed he would kill Abaddon and save Colette. It seems to me if Colette's neck was broken, shouldn't she have dropped dead the very moment Abaddon  smoked out? But she didn't. Colette could speak clearly as Colette and she told Cain to just not kill anymore. I thought she died from Cain stabbing her.

Edited by catrox14
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

She was holding Colette as ransom to get Cain back. If she harmed Colette further what would that have gotten Abaddon? Cain would have killed Abaddon for harming Colette.  I don't think Cain thought Colette was already a goner. I thought he believed he would kill Abaddon and save Colette. It seems to me if Colette's neck was broken, shouldn't she have dropped dead the very moment Abaddon  smoked out? But she didn't. Colette could speak clearly as Colette and she told Cain to just not kill anymore. I thought she died from Cain stabbing her.

I dunno. Meg's body had been dead for weeks, and she was still able to deliver a dramatic monologue before shuffling off her mortal coil after her demon was gone.

Edited by sarthaz
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sarthaz said:

I dunno. Meg's body had been dead for weeks, and she was still able to deliver a dramatic monologue before shuffling off her mortal coil after her demon was gone.

Meg had been a lot more messed up than Colette.  Abaddon was harming Colette bit by bit to get Cain to come back to her. I guess I just didn't think Colette was walking dead at that point. I didn't have the impression that Cain was mercy killing Colette either.  He seemed in shock that Abaddon had buzzed out before he could kill her. That's why I thought he kept saying I'm sorry over and over.  I had the impression that if Cain had come back to the Knights of Hell that Abaddon was going to fix Colette.  But that's just me.

It's a good debate though!

I have no stake in it one way or another, as said above, the fun is the trivia itself. But, I agree with @sarthaz that Collette was already dead. If her neck hadn't been already snapped, stabbing Collette with the First Blade would surely have killed her, I would think. I always thought the only reason Cain stabbed Collette is because he was trying to kill Abaddon and knew Collette could not be saved at that point.

But now I'm considering the possibilities for Cain to have possessed Collette and they could've been "one" all these years. ;)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I always thought the only reason Cain stabbed Collette is because he was trying to kill Abaddon and knew Collette could not be saved at that point.

I would agree with this if not for how I thought the scene played out.  If it had been written that Cain had come to a realization that Colette couldn't be saved so he didn't want her to die being possessed, I feel like the writing and the acting would have made that a lot more clear.  But I thought it was written and played as more of a terrible accident vs Cain knowing he was killing Colette in order to kill Abaddon. 

I guess I never thought it was really ever a question that Cain did kill Colette, which lead him to promise her to never kill again even if he wanted vengeance on Abaddon. 

The card wants adults, but since it wasn't clear (surprise, surprise), I'm giving you credit.

Current standings:

• Ditty --
  • Diane --
  • catrox --
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE
  • sarthaz

Our next category is Angels and Demons (PINK):

After Metatron engineers the angels' fall from Heaven, which two angels lead the warring factions?

Whitefish, Montana.

It always amused me because I used to live near Whitefish and I always thought the boys should go get some skiing in on Big Mountain. ;)

ETA: or what @Diane said while I was typing up my pointless joke! ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Heh.  I appreciate the enthusiasm.  ;-)

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE
  • Diane -- PINK, YELLOW
  • catrox --
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Creatures (GREEN):

What green-eyed creatures do Sam and Dean encounter with fellow hunters Cesar Cuevas and Jesse Clayton?

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE
  • Diane -- PINK, YELLOW, GREEN
  • catrox --
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE, ORANGE
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is The Winchester Brothers (BLUE):

Name the hunters that kill Sam and Dean in the season 5 episode "Dark Side of the Moon".

(edited)

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • Diane -- PINK, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE
  • catrox --
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE, ORANGE
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Locations (YELLOW):

Sam tries to retrieve the Colt from Samuel Colt at his house in what town and state?

Edited by Demented Daisy
Stupid typos that I catch just as I'm hitting the post button.

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • catrox -- YELLOW
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE, ORANGE
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Spells, Objects, and Rituals (PURPLE):

Why doesn't the spell work against the fighting witches in the season 7 episode "Shut Up, Dr. Phil"?

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • catrox -- YELLOW
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE, ORANGE, PURPLE
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Creatures (GREEN):

Where did the cicada-like creatures known as Bisaan originate?

(Malaysia)

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • catrox -- YELLOW
  • AwesomO --
  • Sue -- BLUE, ORANGE, PURPLE, GREEN
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Join the Hunt (ORANGE):

Before he became a hunter, what was Garth's occupation?

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • catrox -- YELLOW, ORANGE
  • AwesomO --
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is The Winchester Brothers (BLUE):

In the season 5 episode "Changing Channels", what did Sam need to remove the bullet from Dean?

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • AwesomO -- BLUE
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Angels and Demons (PINK):

Demons Meg and Crowley use what object to communicate with other demons?

The card calls it a goblet, but I'll let it slide.

Correct!

Current standings:

• Ditty -- PURPLE, PINK
  • AwesomO -- BLUE, PINK
  • sarthaz --

Our next category is Locations (YELLOW):

H.H. Holmes' "murder castle" was in Chicago, but where was he hanged?