Type keyword(s) to search

Crazyhead - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Tony Curran has played the epitome of evil in everything I've seen him in, so I don't know why this show thought we wouldn't figure out that this was the case for his character. It's like watching Law & Order or Castle and figuring out the murderer by the most recognizable name in the guest star credits.

Amy didn't seem to 'see' her roommate at first either, maybe it's a matter of them being suspicious enough for her to take a 'deeper' look?

I liked this too, it premiered my last night in the UK, so now I'll have to wait until the Netflix release to see the rest.

Binge watch on Netflix over the weekend:

Yeah. 

The best part for me was the effort to develop the friendship between Raquel and Amy. Even with that, what we learned about them was reduced to a few sentences. For instance, exposition about Amy= she works in a bowling alley, has two friends, struggled with her sanity, and her mom was "crazy" but, apparently, a "seer" too. The heroes were flat. The villains were flat.

I wish Jake's possession had lasted longer than ten minutes. He was much more interesting in those few scenes than being the Zeppo through all the other episodes.

Blue humor's not my thing; being disgusting for the sake of disgust gets old fast. A lot of that nonsense- even just one particular theme being harped on, like the gates of hell opening- or not- through Raquel's girl parts- could have been replaced with character development. 

• Love 1
On 20/12/2016 at 6:35 PM, kariyaki said:

I'm back in the UK and the broadcast run is finished but it's only available on Netflix in the US. Ah, the irony...

All 6 episodes are available on Channel 4OD in the UK.

It was a little annoying that Amy had two men chasing after her while Raquel was reduced to constant jokes about needing a vibrator.  Not to mention, her only relationship turned out to be with a demon who was using her to open a portal to hell.  There are so many ways I could read into why the writers chose to portray it that way...

Did they explain why Raquel's brother can't demons or why Raquel and Amy are able to see the demon's true form only some of the time?   

On 12/19/2016 at 3:25 AM, Tarasme said:

I wish Jake's possession had lasted longer than ten minutes. He was much more interesting in those few scenes than being the Zeppo through all the other episodes.

That was the only time that I felt he was more than just a sidekick.  He was actually terrifying.  His inclusion in the group never made any sense to me.  After he saw Raquel's father's dead body at the ice rink, you'd think he would have ran for the nearest exit. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Mecca said:

Did they explain why Raquel's brother can't [see] demons or why Raquel and Amy are able to see the demon's true form only some of the time?   

Raquel is a half demon through her demon father (he jumped to her human father and "jizzed in [her] mom"), so I think that's why she can see demons. Her brother can't because he didn't get the "gift," I assume. They made a point of saying it's genetic, but that doesn't mean everyone gets it. Amy's mother was a seer who apparently either didn't know it or didn't want to embrace it, and that's how it was passed on to Amy.

Some demons can control themselves enough that their true face stays hidden, like Callam was able to.

What I didn't understand was the badass working mom demon developing maternal instincts for her kid. It wasn't her kid-- because they explained that a demon having a child with a human was rare (Raquel was unique). So, do demons take on characteristics of their hosts' or don't they?  

It was fun series, good not great. They could build up the seer mythology- are only women seers? 

• Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 8:02 AM, sacrebleu said:

It was fun series, good not great. They could build up the seer mythology- are only women seers? 

This basically sums it up for me.  The best part was the relationship between Amy and Rachel.  It was entertaining enough that I hope we get a second season.

• Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 6:02 AM, sacrebleu said:

What I didn't understand was the badass working mom demon developing maternal instincts for her kid. It wasn't her kid-- because they explained that a demon having a child with a human was rare (Raquel was unique). So, do demons take on characteristics of their hosts' or don't they?  

Watching, I assumed she had the kid before becoming possessed and so it was her kid from before, but it's not quite explained why once possessed she, not being the same she was before, would still care about the kid. So it's either a big plot hole or they have a logical explanation they didn't quite get to.

On 1/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Mecca said:

Oh, ok that makes a little more sense.  For some reason, I thought Raquel's brother was also half demon and I was confused as to why he was so oblivious to it all.  

Understood. From what I gathered, the demon may have jumped into Tyler and Raquel's bio dad's body between their births. Tyler is he product of non-possessed Dad while Raquel is the product of possessed Dad.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:28 PM, theatremouse said:

Watching, I assumed she had the kid before becoming possessed and so it was her kid from before, but it's not quite explained why once possessed she, not being the same she was before, would still care about the kid. So it's either a big plot hole or they have a logical explanation they didn't quite get to.

These demons seem very human. Who knows they may have once been humans or angels like in certain mythologies. Demons gain new experiences when inside human bodies. It's possible the demon kind of imprinted on the kid.

I really want a 2nd season. Does anyone know anything yet?