Type keyword(s) to search

Falling Water - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It would be hilarious if the mayor found out how Woody invaded her dreams, then shot him in a rage. I do wonder why they terminated all the other character stories but kept his. 

Have no idea why they're so bashful about hooking up Burton and Tess. But it's Hollywood maybe they're still nervous about interracial. It sort of doesn't count since Brochere is French, but you know how conservative Hollywood is. (No, selling sex is not left-wing.) 

Has Alex split from her wife Christine? 

Still awkward dealing with the retcons....there are categories of dreamers with specific powers now?

But, Taka's dream about Sabine and his mom Kumiko being just a mistake affected me. There are things I wish was just a mistake and I can relate.

6 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Have no idea why they're so bashful about hooking up Burton and Tess. But it's Hollywood maybe they're still nervous about interracial. It sort of doesn't count since Brochere is French, but you know how conservative Hollywood is. (No, selling sex is not left-wing.) 

Has Alex split from her wife Christine? 

Still awkward dealing with the retcons....there are categories of dreamers with specific powers now?

I doubt they are nervous about interracial relationships considering Burton spent all of S1 and the beginning part of S2 with a white woman, the Woman in Red, a woman who's only just been written off two seconds ago. Tess has also only just arrived back in NYC, and already she's seeing him shirtless and he's giving her his hand and being a surrogate daddy to her son. I'd say the writers are moving quickly with that pairing, not being bashful. How much faster are they supposed to go considering Burton's newly free, Tess's newly arrived, and they're in the middle of a crisis? I actually wish they'd be taking it a bit slower. I like them, but I have always appreciated some build-up in relationships.

I like the idea of dreamers with specific abilities and I don't think it's a retcon, or at least not a complete retcon: Burton was definitely shown in S1 to be able to manipulate the dream landscape in ways that Tess and Taka don't. And it's a good justification for having three leads, for them to each have their own area of specialization. So Burton's a Skater and Tess's a Tracker; I wonder what Bill Boerg's name is for dreamers like Taka.

The thing that really makes S2 a big improvement to me over S1 is that the three leads are finally interacting consistently, and it fortunately turns out that the actors/characters work well together. The concept of three people gradually converging from separate spheres of existence is a good one that can be executed well, but the show just dragged it out a bit too long in S1.

^^^So much of season one was spent wondering if the Woman in Red was real, it didn't feel like they were committed to it. And as I recall after it was established she was real, she was a prisoner, which meant she and Burton weren't a thing. 

But on second thought, there's Woody and the mayor this season. Of course Bad Things are happening there too...

I hope I didn't hallucinate "Season Finale" flashing on the screen. It's hard to believe USA is bringing this back, and it's all cliffhanger.

The discovery that the all powerful villain let the heroine go off screen before the plot begins is depressingly like Jessica Jones first season. That was so arbitrary I couldn't kill my suspension of disbelief. My will isn't that powerful, it needs a little help from the producers, not abuse.

15 hours ago, sjohnson said:

I hope I didn't hallucinate "Season Finale" flashing on the screen. It's hard to believe USA is bringing this back, and it's all cliffhanger.

The discovery that the all powerful villain let the heroine go off screen before the plot begins is depressingly like Jessica Jones first season. That was so arbitrary I couldn't kill my suspension of disbelief. My will isn't that powerful, it needs a little help from the producers, not abuse.

Even JJ had more going for it, this show barely feels like it has anything substantial in it, it doesn't even have the crazy visuals that last season had and the son storyline was pretty much kicked to the curb this season after the lengths she went to find him last season.

We pretty much end up going in circles, we're still stuck with a shady organization with 1 dimensional characters.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:43 PM, possibilities said:

Bad Guy Dolan used a dream to get the security guard to kill Lady Evil. But the security guard was awake, wasn't he? So how did that work?

The bodyguard was asleep at the desk and was "awakened" by her screams.

• Love 1