Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: When Will Josh See How Cool I Am?

I love the character growth that Paula is showing and am really happy with the scenes of Paula and Scott. 

Do not see what Rebecca sees in Josh. He strikes me as a lovable dope. 

Still not loving the new opening. 

Wonderful to see Albert Tsai. I loved Trophy Wife. 

Going by timings of the YouTube versions (the ones without additional teasers on the end), Season 1 theme song was 33 seconds, Season 2 is 29 seconds. I would call them close to identical in length -- unless 4 seconds is "a lot" shorter. Clearly they were aiming for half a minute in both cases.

23 hours ago, Eeksquire said:

Is it my imagination or is the new opening a lot shorter than the old one? The one thing that I love about the new one is the choreography - I just wish they got to dance a little longer!

I feel that way too, I think because they changed the style in the lyrics so much, that's really emphasizing it.   Admittedly, more than ten percent shorter is actually usually noticeable in reductions, so I also think it seems shorter.   I just don't normally associate that with something that runs in seconds, you know?  I think it's the combination of actually being shorter and then last year's credits featuring some of the most rapid-fire lyrics ever, by design.  

First season word count on theme song lyrics:  108 

Second season: 65

So yes, it is a LOT shorter.   

• Love 2

Admittedly, more than ten percent shorter is actually usually noticeable in reductions, so I also think it seems shorter.

I never would have thought of it, percentage-wise, but that's probably why it's noticeable! Also, TV timing seems to be so tight that I suspect it must feel different to the people involved as well - I think it was the Breaking Bad podcast that was the first place I heard how serious it is to be even a few seconds over.

• Love 1

add me to the people who love the new show opening,  I think there is an older persons influence in Rachel's life, I grew up on Busby Berkley shows, Movies would not sell new movies to TV because they feared people would stop going to movies, so only really old movies were on TV. The choreography, the costumes, the make up and most of all the expression of Rachel's face after she bursts through the cardboard - is all pure 30's Busby Berkeley.  The words, not so much, ha. 

On 11/5/2016 at 4:31 PM, Eeksquire said:

I never would have thought of it, percentage-wise, but that's probably why it's noticeable! Also, TV timing seems to be so tight that I suspect it must feel different to the people involved as well - I think it was the Breaking Bad podcast that was the first place I heard how serious it is to be even a few seconds over.

Yeah time in TV is unforgiving. Sometimes if you watch a show and an episode has a truncated credit sequence it's because they needed to make time for something that couldn't be cut. 

I assumed they shortened it for season two because it allows them to get more material into an episode as well as because season two is different somewhat from season one thematically. 

• Love 1