Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Scoundrels

Charles Ponzi hires a publicist to improve his image; Sadie the Goat becomes a notorious Hudson River pirate; a con man poses as a Scottish royal.

Featuring: Taran Killam as Lord Gordon Gordon, Josh Charles as Jay Gould, Kat Dennings as Sadie the Goat, Ronda Rousey as Gallus Mag, Jesse Plemmons as Charles Ponzi, and Ed Helms as William McMasters.

Re-Tellers: Chris Romano on Charles Ponzi; Rich Fulcher on on Lord Gordon Gordon; and Hillary Anne Matthews on Sadie the Goat.

Finally an episode that I really enjoyed. The Ponzi story with Jesse Plemons was good, the middle story with the goat woman was ok, but the last one was great. Taran Killam is always fantastic, as is Josh Charles. Just so funny. Rich Fulcher was hysterical as he burped and hiccuped and made all sorts of weird sounds.

• Love 1

Now  that's the episode that I've been waiting for, this season. Like peeayebee said. Not-too-familiar stories that were worth knowing about, storytellers with enough eccentricity to give the re-enactors something fun to work with, and delightful re-enactments with some of those special touches like newspaper headlines. And for me, it makes all the difference when the actors are recognizable: welcome, Jesse Plemons, Ed Helms, and Josh Charles! And the Golden Girls group sing was just, well, gold.

• Love 1

This one was the best of the season IMO.  Taran Killam is perfection and Josh Charles is always good.  I didn't even mind Kat Dennings as Sadie...and I loathe her & her co-star &  that stupid CBS "comedy" that manages to keep coming back every Fall.  I don't know who Chris Romano is in real life, but he's super funny as a narrator.  Kudos to him and Jesse Plemmons for getting in the "Italian" accent and the plethora of f-bombs.

I love when the actors incorporate all the burps and slurring.  And I look forward to seeing the newspapers...last night's "Boston Newspaper" banner made me laugh for some reason. 

• Love 1

I liked when Ponzi was doing the Italian thing with his hand because I do it all the time when I say ridiculous things with a straight face. 

Big Ben is like a big clock. 

I think the second narrator with Sadie was really good. The show needs narrators that actually talk, but kind of rambly.

I liked how Jay Gould "called England" too. 

I appreciate the last guy power through the narration, but I hate when I get hiccups myself.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1