Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Detective

Eric discovers that he and Danny have more in common than he first believed. The two get closer to finding Liam, but they aren’t the only ones who have been hot on his trail. At work, things begin to unravel when Patrick fails to cover for Eric at a big meeting and then gets swept up in Detective Cornell’s web of interrogation. And just when Eric begins to get some answers, he is confronted by a huge betrayal, leaving him speechless,

1 hour ago, mertensia said:

Dear Lord, Eric is dumber than last year's dude. 

Luckily, he and his brother bring the pretty enough for me to continue watching.

Were we told last week that the dad was going somewhere? It was a bit odd that he wasn't around with all the client shit going down in the office.

The actor playing Liam looked really familiar -- oh, lord. It's the son from The Good Wife. No wonder he was a snot.

• Love 2

"Danny" is a criminal. His activities are provocations, enticement, subornation of a crime. I know in practice courts wink at this kind of wrongdoing, including precedents that only a lawyer could take seriously. Also, why didn't the old woman get her farm back? I would have thought whoever Liam's fake charity sold the land to was the one who got stiffed.

Also, if Kate takes $100 000 dollars from an account, then suddenly four credit card accounts suddenly appear, how do you rule her out as responsible, when nothing Liam says is to be taken seriously without independent confirmation. Not just because he's "The LIar," (and so are "Danny" and Neil and Eric and Cornell!) But because he's speaking under duress. It's not torture but threats are no more guaranteed to produce the truth. By the way, if I were Liam I would try to "hack" when I wasn't the only person in the office, which would be very helpful later on when determining whodunit?

Even if you take Liam's story at face value, the coincidence of Kate's rehab project for a fellow Boon townie and a child from Boon of the same age is rather pat. Even worse, the real problem becomes why Kate who was watching Liam hadn't already taken care of that situation? The red herring cases Crawford dug up in first season were remarkable, because having a torturer and an incestuous marriage in the same neighborhood as Tom's secretly blended family is a shockingly high melodrama density. But at least they made sense on their own. What Kate did, according to Liam, does not. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mertensia said:

Dear Lord, Eric is dumber than last year's dude. 

Last season had the pressure of scrutiny from the media and being labeled as a child killer, so Eric doesn't seem to have it nearly as bad.  Eric just seems to be going through the motions from 1 secret to the next by comparison.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:40 AM, BigBlueMastiff said:

Okay, they got me with Kenny Johnson being a cop. Best friend is looking super shady, and Eric (smh).

I'm so glad Ham from Saving Grace is getting a bigger role here.  Interesting that Cornell doesn't seem to have a problem with his unorthodox behavior.

9 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

This isn't the only show I've ever had to watch twice to know what's going on (The Bridge I'm talking to you), but this one always makes me feel that I've missed an episode.  I'm either getting "slower" in my advancing age or writers are making less sense. I didn't find this show hard to follow last year...

Frankly, I just wait and hope that @sjohnson will post something explanatory. ;)

On 10/27/2016 at 10:27 AM, tvaddict44 said:

This isn't the only show I've ever had to watch twice to know what's going on (The Bridge I'm talking to you), but this one always makes me feel that I've missed an episode.  I'm either getting "slower" in my advancng age or writers are making less sense.  I didn't find this show hard to follow last year...

It's not just you, the show is trying way too hard to cram in as many 'twists' as much as possible.

Like I said before, last season at least focused on how the media and everyone turned against him, being branded as a child killer, etc.

Here, Eric just feels cold and distant from just about everything and there's only so much you can do before the dead woman full of secrets in a murder mystery cliche gets old fast.