Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: White Light

The Master’s voice proves to be more powerful and potentially fatal than Eph or Dutch anticipated. Fet and Setrakian track down the cargo from the Egyptian vessel and realize they may be in over their heads. Quinlan strikes a deal with the Ancients, but a last minute betrayal proves deadly.

Farewell Ancients. Boy, did they have it coming. They could have told Abraham and Quinlan the secret of the Lumen and how to defeat the Master, but all they did was sit around and try to protect themselves.  I am confident that Quinlan escaped. I loved his fighting sequence.

Not sure what I think about Eph and Dutch. It is the end of the world so I guess it doesn't matter. I think the effect that the Master's sound had on Dutch was far more worrying. Does this mean that the Master can control or incapacitate her? 

Abraham was right that Palmer is a monster. I wanted to punch him the face when he sanguinely talked about the blood factories without a measure of guilt or regret. Fet should have let Abraham kill him. Palmer will betray them in the end. He only cares about living forever.

Good riddance to Gus and Angel. I cannot imagine that they are getting very far and it isn't like they are helping.

• Love 1

The blood factory sequence was kind of horrifying.  However, it also illustrated how truly evil people get others to do their bidding-the threat of immediate suffering and death motivates people to do horrific things to those they know and don't know.  I think that was conveyed really well a couple of times during the episode.

• Love 4

At least Gus finally killed his mom, although I should have known it would take Angel being in peril for him to finally do it.  I guess the flashbacks explain how close they were, but I still can't believe he let her suffer as much as he did.  Being Strigoi can not be fun.

Whelp, that seems like a wrap for The Ancients!  At least they displayed some fighting skills at the very end, but it was a bad idea for them to not try and go on the offense, and just hide.  Pretty sure Quinlan escaped, so at least he will hopefully still be in this fight.

Eph and Dutch hooking up isn't that surprising, but still silly.

Palmer is helpful for now, but Abe and Fet better keep an eye on him, because first chance he gets, he will totally stab them in the back.

Overall, a good episode for Eichorst!

• Love 3

So why can't someone non-vamp create that briefcase light and use it on the vamps in that deep hole under Central Park?  In the time it has taken the vamps to create their blood harvesting machine, the government should have been able to mass produce the UV light weapons.

• Love 4
  • The US govt and various local and state agencies should be using those silver grenades and sliver bombs 
  • the ancients should have created more quilans to fight against the master. Infect like 100 pregnant women, and you'd have a batallion of quilans that would destroy the master 
  • with all of their weaknesses: silver, UV ect, it would seem that scientists could quickly create effective weapons to destroy them 
  • where are all the helicopters? A couple of apaches and Blackhawks could down the entire vamp mob in Central Park. We can fly, they cannot. So why not use air supremacy, and out fit them with silver dust misiles and maybe UV flood lights. 
  • Every human should be required to wear a UV flashlight ( the ones with the headbands like miners). 
  • Where are all the tanks, armored vehicles ect? 
  • Every city light, store light, highway street light should be changed to UV 
  • Would get the best blacksmiths and factories to construct light weight full body armor head to toe constructed of silver. Or silver plated. 
  • Love 2