Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: And the Wedding Cake Cake Cake

Lindsay Lohan.  Bleck.  I usually love this show, but eww.  

One of my main complaints about this show is that I wish that they did more to connect the episode to the cash tally they show at the end of the episode.  It would make it seem more like 2 girls really trying to make it, etc.  This episode they owed $1500 in taxes, but it didn't seem to show at all in the money they had at the end of the show, etc.  I've noticed it more than a few times and it's annoyed me.  

Have they mentioned Max and Deke breaking up before this episode? Why did they break up?

Max dumped him last episode because his parents said they would cut him off if he didn't break up with Max and she knew it was better for him. So she and Caroline pushed his dumpster back up to where his parents live.

• Love 1

I would be surprised if Deke is truly gone.  I think and hope he'll be back eventually.  He was a great match for Max.  However, I like having single Max back for awhile.  I felt it was a little too early for Max to be in a serious relationship.  Hopefully he'll reappear sometime next season.

I thought Lindsey Lohan was pretty good in this episode.  Guest stars in sitcoms are very often awkwardly shoehorned into TV shows like this, but this was an exception IMO.  It was a good role for her and actually fit in with the show pretty well.  I've always thought Lindsey was a talented actress and I do hope she's straightened out her personal life so she can reach her full potential.

The money tally at the end of the episode went down by $200.  They owed $1500 in  taxes.  They got $1300 for the cake and had to pay $200 themselves. Therefore, it worked for me.

I have to stop being such a realist about a formulaic comedy...as if they would be paid for a cake that was made of styrofoam or that they would have no other expenses that week and end up being only 200 bucks in the hole.  I thought it was a cute angle when it was first brought up, but it always annoys me....admittedly more than it should.  

Yep, that was Flo the Progressive lady. Often I feel like the guests outshine the stars: Sheryl Lee Ralph as Deke's mom, the cell phone sales lady (she was my favorite), the movie theater concession cashier ...

Caroline should charge people to do their taxes if she needs money so badly. That could be a nice side hustle for her.

Lindsay Lohan's looks are gone. Sad.

• Love 2