Type keyword(s) to search

Benedict Cumberbatch Is Hinting That Season 4 Of Sherlock May Be The Last

Cumberbatch not quitting Sherlock: Moffat

Moffat said talks were still to be held with the BBC about making another series but he insisted Cumberbatch had not suggested the show was coming to an end.

"If you just look at what (Benedict) actually says, he says nothing of the kind," he said.

"He actually says he's very keen to carry on playing Sherlock Holmes.

"We haven't even put the new series out yet. We haven't talked to the BBC about another run.

"It's the clickbait era turning something that was nothing at all into a story."

• Love 1

Could Moffat and Gatiss give us scripts every year for just 6 episodes?  From the articles I've read it really does sound like Benedict and Martin would rather move on and do new stuff.  So how about we recast?  I would be okay with that.  Give some other actors a shot, but I'd want the rest of the original cast to stay if they would.  And if they don't intend for Sherlock and John to ever be 'a couple' leave that out of further scripts.  It's like they make a point of throwing that in the scripts but then in interviews saying, no we didn't mean it like that.  What do y'all think?

On 1/1/2017 at 9:43 AM, SharonH58 said:

And if they don't intend for Sherlock and John to ever be 'a couple' leave that out of further scripts.  It's like they make a point of throwing that in the scripts but then in interviews saying, no we didn't mean it like that.  What do y'all think?

I have always seen this part of the show as mainly just 'played for laughs'.  Kind of a mocking attempt at stereotyping;  "oh look at those two, they do everything and go everywhere together, so they must be homosexual partners!".

Just like how Moriarty's combination of bisexually-flavored metrosexuality is always so flamboyantly portrayed.

Honestly, IMO, I view it as the writers and actors having a good time with poking fun at societal views & common misconceptions, and very little more.  But YMMV

• Love 2