Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Episode 2

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I was surprised by Ross' move on Elizabeth. Thank goodness she had some sense to move away.  Maybe in the book it delved into his psyche as to why he did that (stress, grief, longing youth, etc.) but in this episode they really did not do a good job of laying out the groundwork which would give that scene more depth. As it was shown, I just found it kind of creepy.

• Love 5

Are people upset that Season 2 featured a serious cracks in Ross and Demelza's marriage?

I was surprised by Ross' move on Elizabeth. 

Considering his feelings for her, why would you find that surprising?

Edited by LJones41
  • Love 1

Are people upset that Season 2 featured a serious cracks in Ross and Demelza's marriage?

I was surprised by Ross' move on Elizabeth. 

Considering his feelings for her, why would you find that surprising?

I think one of the appeals of this kind of genre is that it upholds the concept of honor, loyalty, etc. etc.  It's a cliché I know, but t's a nice escape to immerse in a world of handsome men who act with honor and beautiful heroines who defy hardship.  I was surprised because Ross's actions really broke away from this appealing aspect and made the presumed hero so unlikeable. I'm not so much upset at the cracks of their marriage as much as I am of how ugly Ross has been in creating those cracks.

• Love 5