Type keyword(s) to search

Sarah's Marathon Diary: Aaron Sorkin Flexes His Theatrical Chops And Goes Meta (And Mental) In Season 3

Ian McShane's savvy Russian negotiator (with his lack of mastery of English language metaphors and colloquialisms) was, IMHO, the best element of an overall great episode.

I agree that the third season gained steam as it progressed, and it was structurally interesting to me - as the fallout from the MS storyline seemed to fade (although it would come back later), the Shareef story became more central, and that one had reverberations that would last for a very long time.

Oh, and can I hear some applause for Ron Silver's complex, fascinating Bruno Gianelli?

25 minutes ago, TudorQueen said:

Ian McShane's savvy Russian negotiator (with his lack of mastery of English language metaphors and colloquialisms) was, IMHO, the best element of an overall great episode.

It's hard not to like a guy who doesn't know 'frumpy' but knows onomatopoeia.

• Love 2

I agree that the third season gained steam as it progressed, and it was structurally interesting to me - as the fallout from the MS storyline seemed to fade (although it would come back later), the Shareef story became more central, and that one had reverberations that would last for a very long time.

Oh, and can I hear some applause for Ron Silver's complex, fascinating Bruno Gianelli?

And the inimitable John Amos, and the radiant Laura Dern, both of whom, amazingly, I have hugged.

• Love 1