Type keyword(s) to search

S33: Rachel Ako

Michel
  • Start Topic

In her video, she says one person came off as a jerk to her.  Didn't say who, but I have a few guesses.

Anyway, seems a bit...much.  Think she's going to grate on the nerves.  However, she comes across as a tad clueless, so maybe she'll be an asset to someone for an extra vote.

Pre-game interview with Josh Wigler

http://parade.com/504875/joshwigler/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-rachel-ako/

Good luck to her playing the integrity game as that rarely works on this show.

oh and this (wasn't season 32 already airing when they flew out?)..

I tried to do a little bit of research online to attempt to see what the experts and fans are saying. I read something about a super idol that looks like a yin and yang, that can be put together, and separately if you only have one half of the idol, it works as a normal idol.

Edited by LanceM

Well, we didn't get to see much of Team GenX, but her boot wasn't out of nowhere.  I can believe she's good at puzzles, but in that high pressure situation, I can also see how even the best at puzzles can tank.  If she wasn't one of the ones who decides on taking two penalties (leading to them getting the bigger puzzle0, maybe she should have tried to use that in her favor.  Whatever the case, she committed Survivor sins right off the bat-getting on the wrong side of her tribe by being bossy, and blowing a challenge.  I think her tribe would have been better off keeping her over David, but I think the guys are going to stick together.  The other ladies probably just don't know it yet.

Her day after video is up.  She says she didn't know the social game would be so hard, and she should have had socializing and going for walks with people on her list of things to do.  She also said she knew she was going home, and felt really lonely knowing she was being targeted.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Rachel gets emotional talking about tragedy of losing both her younger sisters 3 months apart for which she wrote about in a book.

Here is her day after video:

Edited by LanceM
5 hours ago, LanceM said:

Rachel gets emotional talking about tragedy of losing both her younger sisters 3 months apart for which she wrote about in a book.

Here is her day after video:

"I just recently found out India was part of Asia".  WTF ?  After 37 years, she just "discovered" this recently.

Her extended pronunciation of vowels -- like "Aaaand" -- during her video clips was aaaaaaanoying.  Not as bad as Nicole on BB18, but pretty bad.

I had no idea she once worked for Playboy, so I did have to go check her catalog of work.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

"I just recently found out India was part of Asia".  WTF ?  After 37 years, she just "discovered" this recently.

My father (who is considerably older than Rachel) recently insisted that India was not part of Asia in a conversation with me.  When I asked him which continent it belonged to he hemmed and hawed before finally admitting that it was actually part of Asia.

• Love 1

Oh my: She looks at people as they walk into her vision and makes snap judgments about them.  She's going to win because she's confident.  The Universe wants her to have it.  She worked for Playboy, aiding the Super Pimp in his enterprise of exploitation. She didn't watch the show enough to know that being bossy on day one is Survivor suicide.  She wanted to be the first Asian Pacific Islander Bleach Blonde Female to win. 

It amazes me that she got to be 37 without knowing that people don't like you if you snap orders and angry criticism at them.  Yet she thinks of herself as a role model and writes books of advice. 

ETA: Her "Amazon Best Seller," is a self-published book written with five other people.  I think everyone on this site  probably has more right to call themselves an author.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 2

http://parade.com/509861/joshwigler/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-rachel-ako-exit-interview/

One of Rachel's boot interviews.  Ken planted the idea for her to vote for Sunday, on the logic that she was weaker and they needed to keep their strength.  They switched out a lot more during the puzzle challenge.  And it seems like GenX needs to keep a better poker face about whose going home, because the way Rachel describes it, they made it obvious to her.  She and CeCe were close, so maybe that's why CeCe was targeted.

• Love 1

Asian players are incredibly rare to see on this show, so I was rooting for Rachel to go farther.  But she did talk her way right out of the game, so I can't say it was unfair.

Oh, well.  I at least hope that Lucy and Mari can make decent runs of the game.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 3