Type keyword(s) to search

Larry Wilmore Addresses The Cancellation Of The Nightly Show, Claiming That 'Racism Has Been Solved'

I really love my husband. I just wanted to make that clear before saying this: I'm a little bit in love with Larry Wilmore. Not in that creepy, "fear for your personal safety and a complete loss of all appropriate boundaries should we ever meet" kind of way, but in that, "Wow, that guy has a lot of traits I find really admirable and attractive in a person" kind of way. In that "I felt genuinely sad hearing the news of the cancelation because I will miss seeing Larry a lot' way.

He just seems to have a core of decency at the center of his comedy that I find really valuable and that I will miss having in my life. I hope they all go on to do great things.

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 6

"Wilmore thanked . . . everyone who watched the program."

He could've done that one-by-one and in person and still not missed a day of work.

In any case, both his viewers were appreciative of the thanks.

Wilmore seems a very likable fellow and he also won my respect - for example he never let up on that raping slime bag Bill Cosby.

I wasn't aware of the show's poor ratings, so its cancellation came totally out of the blue for me.  I was looking forward to the election coverage.

• Love 4

Wilmore seems a very likable fellow and he also won my respect - for example he never let up on that raping slime bag Bill Cosby.

I wasn't aware of the show's poor ratings, so its cancellation came totally out of the blue for me.  I was looking forward to the election coverage.

"I haven't forgotten about you, mother ******er!"

Who's gonna say that now? I doubt Trevor Noah has the guts.

• Love 1

I thought this was a great episode, and was so glad to see Mike win PMI! Some good stuff, and much was why I'm going to miss this show. It's a shame that it just didn't catch on, and now I suspect they'll get bonzo ratings this week, so hopefully that will help some cast and crew out in job searching.

3 hours ago, magdalene said:

I saw Wilmore on Charlie Rose the other night.  He is a class act.

At the very least, a provably intelligent man. I mean he's got to be angry to some degree, and one might imply some B.S. about him kissing asses by not venting more, but really he's come out of this in a way that means people maybe WILL be willing to hire him again. Admittedly, most likely, behind the camera instead of in front of it, but no potential boss in going to look at how he's left and fear him not being a team player. I mean think about the things he COULD have said about being given so little notice that his show had only a few days left.  You can see that CC is trying to play up that he somehow should have been aware of this, but rather than go hard in denying it, he's made it seem like it was just a misunderstanding (and one he doesn't blame them for). 

2 hours ago, Kromm said:

At the very least, a provably intelligent man. I mean he's got to be angry to some degree, and one might imply some B.S. about him kissing asses by not venting more, but really he's come out of this in a way that means people maybe WILL be willing to hire him again. Admittedly, most likely, behind the camera instead of in front of it, but no potential boss in going to look at how he's left and fear him not being a team player. I mean think about the things he COULD have said about being given so little notice that his show had only a few days left.  You can see that CC is trying to play up that he somehow should have been aware of this, but rather than go hard in denying it, he's made it seem like it was just a misunderstanding (and one he doesn't blame them for). 

I don't care about CC anyways. Wilmore's show was the only show I made sure to watch on that channel after the end of the Jon Stewart era.  Trevor Noah is okay but if his show gets cancelled tomorrow I'll shrug slightly regretfully and move on.  @Midnight is not my cup of tea. 

There are ways to act with class and take other things than ratings into account.  For example, FX has supported THE AMERICANS for years despite low ratings. And AMC's HALT AND CATCH FIRE has about three viewers - one of them being me - and the network has stuck with that show against all odds for three seasons (the third season starts next week).

So a TV network doesn't have to be automatically and by default a ratings whore with every project.

• Love 3