Type keyword(s) to search

S.14 celebrities

So they're already announcing several names - does that mean no Olympians this year?

So far:
Ed Balls, washed up politician

Will Young, the original Pop Idol

Laura Whitmore and Ore Oduba, TV presenters (both Who?)

Melvin Oddom, radio presenter (also a Who?)

Not terribly inspired so far.

Ed Balls appears to at least have a sense of humor. It looks like once again the cast will be very heavy on "presenters." 

For me, not knowing most of the stars is one of the joys of Strictly (I live in the U.S.). I don't have to worry about their baggage, I can just love or loath celebs based on what they bring to the show.

• Love 2

So far, I'm liking the casting. I don't know some of them but they seem like a good group. I was wondering about an Olympian too. Would they get a gymnast again? What about the show jumper? Someone who has made a mark on the Olympics. I took a pass on last season but I'm excited about this one. Will miss Tristan and Iveta. Iveta would have been great with Will Young. 

3 hours ago, Occasional Hope said:

Greg Rutherford said his first dance was "very fast and very intricate".  The Latin choice for week 1 is usually a cha cha cha, isn't it?

Not necessarily.  It sounds as though Strictly is taking a page from DWTS this year and mixing things up from the get-go.  I'm betting that he has Salsa rather than Cha-Cha-Cha.

• Love 1
On 9/11/2016 at 1:02 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Not necessarily.  It sounds as though Strictly is taking a page from DWTS this year and mixing things up from the get-go.  I'm betting that he has Salsa rather than Cha-Cha-Cha.

They've been doing that for a few years. I remember a few jives and I think tango and a few other styles being mixed in week 1 on Strictly.

Sorry, they are all unknown to me except Anastacia - who I know because she sang on a Strictly Results show at some point. I didn't know she was American!

ETA: But then, I prefer my celebs to be a blank slate so I can watch them without preconceived opinions.

Edited by Anothermi