Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Duel

"If that were the case, then God would save all of mankind and nobody would go to Hell."

"Then why doesn't he?"

"Well . . . because!"

"Oh."

Waiting to see what's inside that Abbey Dodo wanted so badly. Some sort of hidden fortune, I imagine.

• Love 4

Hortense getting married even after the suitor saw her face, but found it her beautiful anyway, was awesome!  Lillian was so not prepared for that! Love the idea of her going off in a craze, and now Beatrice is trying to hunt her down, so she will apologize and avoid going to hell.  Because that is totally how that works!

Great seeing Dodo back at Bellacourt Manor and facing off against Chair (although, when did she start walking again?  I don't remember that part.) Paget Brewster is awesome and Christina Hendricks is so much fun with all the scenery chewing and "evil" dialogue.  Not surprised Chair won the duel, but I do think something is going down with that abbey Dodo wanted, and giving it to her, will end up being Chair's downfall.  Also, I wonder if Peeper's love for Dodo will play some part in all of this.

Marquis de Sainsbury being the referee for the duel was a nice touch. 

The scene of Victor and Albert being absolute dicks to Blanche seems like a set-up of some kind.  Maybe their telling the truth and will try to take her baby.  Or this will lead to her doing something to them.  Anything can happen on this show!

• Love 2

Hortense getting married even after the suitor saw her face, but found it her beautiful anyway, was awesome!  Lillian was so not prepared for that! Love the idea of her going off in a craze, and now Beatrice is trying to hunt her down, so she will apologize and avoid going to hell.  Because that is totally how that works!

Great seeing Dodo back at Bellacourt Manor and facing off against Chair (although, when did she start walking again?  I don't remember that part.) 

I feel like I missed something there too. The actors cycling in and out this season has been confusing. 

On 8/18/2016 at 10:32 AM, iMonrey said:

"If that were the case, then God would save all of mankind and nobody would go to Hell."

"Then why doesn't he?"

"Well . . . because!"

"Oh."

And all religion gets refuted in one sentence. 

Smoking, drinking, and taffy. Of course, taffy. It's evil. 

Dodo was the only one of her 3000 year lineage to end a marriage other than a bear attack. Paget Brewster just has the best line deliveries. 

Given that they're parodying the time period, but staying fairly true to the social mores, a divorce would be a big deal. For Dodo to cave so easily and just ask for the abbey means something is totally up.