Type keyword(s) to search

Table Tennis: The Festivus of Olympic Sports

I just happened to surf over to NBCSN to see what they had on, and found table tennis.  My first thought is it looks like they are playing on a postage stamp - it is just the angle of the camera, or are the tables really that small? I remember them being much larger.

I am way into the match between Germany and Belarus.  The announcers are really backing the Belarussian, I think because they find him to be some sort of specimen because he's *gasp* 40.

I feel like you need to have a grasp of physics to serve because they do weird things with the ball and paddle that I can't follow with my eyes.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, Moose135 said:

I just happened to surf over to NBCSN to see what they had on, and found table tennis.  My first thought is it looks like they are playing on a postage stamp - it is just the angle of the camera, or are the tables really that small? I remember them being much larger.

I read this post several days ago, but when I saw my first match today, I literally laughed out loud.  Could that table BE any smaller??

Then I turned to tennis doubles and had another "Holy Cow!" outburst.  Also miniature!  Oh no, wait, it's badminton.

• Love 3