Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Weevils Wobble But They Don't Go Down

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica's sex tape makes it to the internet - Weevil is arrested for selling fake debit cards to Hearst students, but claims he is being framed because of his criminal background, and asks Veronica to clear his name. On Piz's radio show, Keith debates Vinnie about the upcoming election, while a tipsy Dick apologizes to Mac for the way he has treated her in the past. Veronica and Piz make up after their argument about spending their summer apart, and a mysterious sex tape of the two finds its way to the internet."

One last Weevil story! YAY! I love the resolution of this. I love that the rich kids are busted, Veronica gives them a great "suck it" line, Weevil is vindicated and then also gets the machine! Hee!

Vinnie is a douche as usual, nothing new here but it's always fun to watch.

Piz's sulking about the summer is maddening, it's the freaking FBI dude, get over it. She's not going to give that up to make out with you all summer. Sorry. Logan would have understood! WAHHH! I do like how Veronica disarms the argument though. It's cute.

Dick's character arch here is so great. It's nice to see him be a real human finally. I love the scene with Logan when he asks about Beaver. I love Logan's reaction. I love that Dick apologizes to Mac and then tries to kiss her! HA! And his "Don't tell Logan" after is too funny. Poor Dick. I know, I can't believe I said it either.

Then it all goes to hell. Dick finds the sex tape, and shows it to Logan who reacts... poorly. I get that he thinks Piz did it and it's totally in line with his character to beat him up first and ask questions later, but DUDE! Poor Piz! Oh, and poor Veronica as well.

I only find it moderately unbelievable that Wallace would be tapped for a secret society... he's not rich enough and I didn't get the impression he was doing that amazingly on the basketball team but whatever, it's the penultimate episode, I'll let it go.

Yeah, Piz is so passive-aggressive and selfish. He's apparently the perfect boyfriend (according to the movie trailer) compared to Logan. But actually, Piz is maybe the perfect boyfriend for someone else, but he's not great for Veronica. He starts out as a classic Nice Guy, acting all offended that she dared to have a boyfriend and then that she dared to get back together with that boyfriend. And then when they get together, he prioritizes living near her over his dream job, and is put out when she doesn't do the same. As you said, Logan would have understood, because he and Veronica are similar in that way. They need to be able to maintain their individuality in their relationships, where you get the sense Piz and Parker want something different from them.

• Love 2

Minor potential movie spoiler here in regards to Piz and Veronica, something that I think is revealed in the first few min. of movie (I haven't seen it, this is from a review I read)

I read something that mentions that Piz and Veronica have only been together for a year or so. That they ran into each other and got back together, not that they've been together since the end of the show. I hope this is the case.

It's just so frustrating to watch Piz be so terrible and yet Veronica doesn't get mad at him. I'd be so angry if my significant other were to react this way to me being given the greatest opportunity of my life. Like seriously. IT'S THE FBI! Also they've been dating for like a month!! COME ON PIZ! (Sorry I got all shouty there!)

• Love 1

Yeah – and Piz got Pitchfork and she told him to go! Of course she's gonna go to the FBI!

Yep, the Weevil story is great. Yay Weevil. :)

Edited by Dougal
  • Love 1

This is a really fun episode! I just rewatched it again and it's maybe my favourite of this season. I just like that it's not so serious but we get some great character stuff and the "Rob Thomas is a WHORE" line which I'll always laugh at. 

I liked Weevil getting another story, though a bit of the same plotline that he seems to be wrongly accused of a crime, and in the end we find out that while he didn't do exactly what people claimed, he sure did/is going to do something.  I'm sure he figures that if he's already been exonerated for the student ID cards, any more cards later found will just assumed to have been from the rich kids.  So win-win for him.

Agreed that Piz is being a pizzy over Veronica's going to the FBI.  Dude, its just a few months. Go do your own big radio thing and talk/text for a couple of months. 

Of course Logan is going to assume that generally nice guy Piz would tape him and VM.  And I'm surprised Wallace didn't figure out who did the taping right away.  Uh, who else has been surveilling you dude?

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2014 at 10:59 AM, Lisin said:

I only find it moderately unbelievable that Wallace would be tapped for a secret society... he's not rich enough and I didn't get the impression he was doing that amazingly on the basketball team but whatever, it's the penultimate episode, I'll let it go.

Late answering this, I think. Whew.

I think the main thing about the Castle was blackmail. He could be controlled and he could be shaped. If he was a gifted engineer/basketball player he would think he could make it on his own, but he isn't, and the Castle would know that once he is in position they can use him to place other people. He might never be one of their stars, but particularly with his sincere demeanor, he could prove useful.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 9:44 PM, Carrie Ann said:

Yeah, Piz is so passive-aggressive and selfish. He's apparently the perfect boyfriend (according to the movie trailer) compared to Logan. But actually, Piz is maybe the perfect boyfriend for someone else, but he's not great for Veronica. He starts out as a classic Nice Guy, acting all offended that she dared to have a boyfriend and then that she dared to get back together with that boyfriend. And then when they get together, he prioritizes living near her over his dream job, and is put out when she doesn't do the same. As you said, Logan would have understood, because he and Veronica are similar in that way. They need to be able to maintain their individuality in their relationships, where you get the sense Piz and Parker want something different from them.

I think Logan was being the Perfect Boyfriend to Parker, leading her on. I think he was giving her what turned out to be the wrong message, and Parker does notice fairly soon, they aren't together that long.

On 2/14/2014 at 9:59 AM, Lisin said:

Piz's sulking about the summer is maddening, it's the freaking FBI dude, get over it. She's not going to give that up to make out with you all summer. Sorry. Logan would have understood! WAHHH! I do like how Veronica disarms the argument though. It's cute.

Yeah, I am struggling to believe that Veronica bristled that Logan was trying to interfere with her career and wasn't respecting her competence but she is a-ok with Piz acting like a baby about her pursuing this opportunity. 

On 3/10/2014 at 8:44 PM, Carrie Ann said:

Yeah, eff that noise. If you don't fully support your girlfriend in her career, you aren't a good boyfriend.

I really enjoyed this episode. The story was interesting and there were more ensemble scenes. I really love the relationship between Veronica and Weevil.