Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: Power of Veto 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

They all seem to be people the producers liked for one reason or another who had bad luck in their original seasons so they were given a more compliant cast to work with this time around.

I think they care more about whether they were liked by viewers. And "had bad luck" in some cases is another way of saying they may have been a victim of producer manipulation, so they could be kissing up to fans of those contestants by having them back. Nicole, for example, played in the season where they were doing everything they could to hold onto Frankie until it was clear that a deal with his sister wasn't going to happen.

• Love 1

While watching last night it occurred to me - is this the tiniest group of females we've ever seen?  I mean I realize this show only casts bikini-ready females, but every last one seems seriously thin.  And to make it worse, I learn this from feeds watchers:

Spoiler

Nicole - noticeably thinner from her previous season - has been teased about cleaning her plate, and is now uncomfortable about eating in front of others.  And Michelle was crying because she's the "biggest" female HG on the show.   It's the normalization of size 0, and it makes me uncomfortable.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

While watching last night it occurred to me - is this the tiniest group of females we've ever seen?  I mean I realize this show only casts bikini-ready females, but every last one seems seriously thin.  And to make it worse, I learn this from feeds watchers:

Reveal hidden contents

Nicole - noticeably thinner from her previous season - has been teased about cleaning her plate, and is now uncomfortable about eating in front of others.  And Michelle was crying because she's the "biggest" female HG on the show.   It's the normalization of size 0, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Spoiler

:(  I hate that.  I have two daughters - both of whom had totally healthy body/weight ratios in their middle/high school years, and both of whom experienced more than one incident of (totally groundless) body-shaming from their peers.  These days I suspect it's the rule rather than the exception.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, vb68 said:

I noticed in his DRs that Paulie does talk just like Cody.  That was a bit of deja vu.

He also calls other guys "kid" like Cody did.  But Paulie's hands action in his DRs really remind me of Derick.

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Hey, come on now.  Many many interesting things can be done with butter which lead to... yeah, sure, kissing....

Im watching pawn stars and low and behold someone brought in a butter kisser.. apparently its an old popcorn machine lol

• Love 2

I thought it was funny when James and Frank were celebrating those chosen for the veto comp.  

Frank: "A smart one", shot shown of Dae.   "And a beast", shot of Corey.

James:  "And Nicole"  

Nice James, pointing out that Nicole is neither smart nor a beast.