Type keyword(s) to search

After Renewing Vinyl, HBO Changes Its Mind And Cancels It After All

Yeah, I'm sorry for the cast and crew, because the "renewed! Okay, not renewed! Good luck job-seeking!" sucks for them, but the show managed to make sex, drugs and rock-n-roll deeply boring.    I didn't make it the credits on the first episode either.  

• Love 6

I consider this a mercy killing. They showed us mercy by cancelling it so we won't be compelled to watch it ever again. The Nasty Bits are no more. I don't think anyone in the viewing audience will miss them.

• Love 3

I'm obsessive about completing things, so I did watch the whole season. While it had its moments, like everyone said, it just didn't gel. I liked a few characters (Ray Romano & Juno Temple) but actively disliked many others, including Richie and his wife. I liked the musical performances, but didn't care for a lot of the plot lines, particularly the Sopranos wanna-be gangster arc. I also found the Forrest Gump-like discovery of punk, disco, etc. to ring untrue. 

While I probably would have watched the second season, I really won't miss it. 

• Love 5

I watched the entire season mainly for the music. I found Richie's self-destructive behavior, the gangster financing story lines, and the mean-spirited stuff sprinkled in ("Get to the buffet before Mama Cass") just tiresome. Not surprised or sorry that HBO pulled the plug on it.

• Love 1