Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Devil's Playground

Another really good episode.  I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this show.  It's got just the right amount of mystery, humour, and schmaltz.  It's quite entertaining.  I really hope it lasts!

• Love 1

I really like the relationship between Angie and Shade, the jokes and putdowns, so far no romantic feelings - I hope they keep it that way.

It made me laugh that the Schmitties were not a gay couple.

Regarding Canada having only twenty actors, you just saw one of them playing the author whose house was burnt down.  That was Nicholas Campbell.  If you check his imdb, he's been on pretty much every Canadian show ever made:)

• Love 1

Got suckered into watching this by Thomas King. Was excited that they got him to appear. I stayed for the lovely Thom Allison, who was a delight as one of the Schmitties. And I ended up really loving this episode. The banter, the characters, all the lovely shots of Toronto, the literary ideas bounced around. It surprised me. I had sorta watched parts of some of the other episodes but this one really grabbed me. Are they all as good as this one?

I wanted to like this show—even as just relaxing, mind numbing, therapy TV. But I feel like the boy who announced that the emperor had no clothes here. I spent most of this episode trying to decide which was worse: the clunky dialogue or the reading of the dialogue, and, OMG, the famous author character's adult daughter sounded exactly like a middle schooler reading an essay too fast with a flat affect. Sorry.