Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Oklahoma City Qualifier

• Start Topic

I think Brent Steffenson is overrated as a Ninja athlete, but I felt sorry for him this time for failing. He's had a string of failures that he doesn't seem to be overcoming.

He also seemed the more upset about the break-up with Kacy -- if it was, indeed, a real relationship and not some soapy storyline for the show à la WWE. I don't like Kacy, but I would hate to think she had been using Brent to further her career. 

I was sorry to see Lance Pekus fall. Aside from the affectation of the cowboy hat, he seems genuine. Plus his body is amazing. 

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 7:22 AM, backgroundnoise said:

Seems like the best way to get on the show is to have a sick relative, health issues, or another sob story.  

Yes.  And being extremely good looking doesn't seem to hurt.  But that's tv.  

Call me harsh but I don't have as much sympathy for victims of motorcycle accidents as the truly faultless tragedies.  I wouldn't get on one at gunpoint.  This AT3 guy lost a brother and a limb and still rides?  They had a woman who lost a limb to one on recently, too.  It makes me wonder how many better athletes without tragic accidents didn't make the show.   

On 6/21/2016 at 9:40 AM, ClareWalks said:

Sometimes I think an adjustable course is a good idea. Then sometimes I think "oh well, if you're not built for it you gotta work harder." It's a tough balance to strike, but I agree that if an obstacle would be physically impossible for a shorter person (like the spider climb) then they should be able to adjust it. Taller competitors have better reach but, as others have said, they have more weight to support. And women are just always going to be at a disadvantage. 

I wouldn't want a pink, girly course but maybe just a better unisex course.  This ep zero women got through, right?  I don't need 50/50 but 100/0 is bit much.  

On 6/23/2016 at 4:13 PM, simplyme said:

Good for him!  Also good for your mom.  She sounds a bit like my dad, who once called me to remind me that "the new Ninja Turtle show was on." It took me a good two or three minutes to figure out he meant the new season of ANW was starting, but I appreciated (and was amused by) it.

Ha!  I never watched this show but I asked my 79-year-old mother recently what summer tv she enjoys.  She said, "I really like American Ninja Turtles!"  She's got some mild dementia starting.  So I tried it, and I like it, too.