Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Tubman

I completely forgot this was coming back until this week, but I'm glad I tuned in, because it's still hilarious.  The Harriet Tubman plot was OK, but Lilian and Beatrice work best when they're interacting with everyone else.  So I'm glad they're moving back home, because them being on their own really didn't work.  

That was the only downside to the episode, though.  Good changes; Lilian and Beatrice finally divorcing their hubbies (will we ever see their kids?) makes sense and I liked Flobelle.  Good to see someone with some sense in the house.  Peepers is still my fave, his scenes are always gold.  

Wow, this is the third version of Hortense we've seen.  I'll miss Lauren Ash, but I guess she's too busy on Superstore to return.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

They should just randomly rotate Hortense's from here on out.

You know, you might be on to something here. They could totally use this as a promotion! "This week on Another Period, Hortense is played by; Terry Crews!"

For the record, I would sell a kidney to see that.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DeLurker said:

They should just randomly rotate Hortense's from here on out.

I am 100% behind this idea. Hortense can be the new Love Boat, where random old school actors show up every week to remind people they're still alive.

• Love 4

I'm surprised by just how happy the return of this show makes me! I had no idea it was back on now, but luckily my DVR is smarter than I am. Another Period was kind of hit and miss for me last season, with some bits being a little too dumb/gross/out there for me, but the parts that work are some of the most brilliantly funny TV scenes I've ever seen. I actually loved last night's episode---the sisters' hilariously callous obliviousness re. slavery was perfectly scripted and acted. I can't wait for whatever comes next! 

• Love 2

I loved Harriet Tubman being such a badass branding mogul.  The real woman was truly a badass, so it was great to see that personality trait amplified as this show does so well. Loved that she sent those two twits over the Falls in one of her Tubman's Man-Tub and working the photo op.

I wonder if Chair will regain consciousness or will she be bed ridden for the season? I like Flobelle so far.  Me thinks Peepers has met his match. 

• Love 2

Whelp, if I already wasn't likely going to Hell, I sure am now after I about died laughing at Peepers tossing that baby over his shoulder.  Peepers is still one of my favorite.  And I still don't know what kind of accent Michael Ian Black is actually trying to do, but I love it anyway!

Mainly a lot of setup for this episode, but I'm already getting a kick out of Beatrice and Lillian trying to find new, rich husbands.  I'm sure those two will manage to make it as awkward as possible.

Surprised that Chair is still in the picture.  I figured Christina Hendricks might have only been an one and done player, but that might not be the case. Granted, she was out of it for this episode, but I won't be surprised if she wakes up very soon.  Also, Blanche now has spilt personalities, which might make ever even scarier then Gollum/Smeagol from The Lord of the Rings.

Of course, Harriet Tubeman would be a hardcore mogul, who would totally use Beatrice and Lillian's vainness and stupidity, to help herself out.  I can't wait to see what other people from history this show tackles next!

Agree with everyone who just wants to have a different actress playing Hortense every episode or few episodes, from here on out.

Welcome back, show!  Can't wait to see what insanity happens this season.  Hopefully, Hamish and Fredrick will be showing back up soon.

• Love 4

Not sure how I feel about this Hortense, since I've been thru 5 episodes and not seen much of her.

I'm late tithe party. I loved the first season, but there wasn't a lot of noise about this one starting. Hubs and I binge watched the 4 epis we could get on On Demand, but I had to watch Tubman on CC. 

Lillian and Beatrice are hilarious as the vain, clueless, callous, narcissistic and vapid twits they play so well. Tubman's facial expressions were priceless.  I'm thrilled that Chair is back, and I hope we get lots of Dodo. 

Peepers is hilarious...

• Love 1