Type keyword(s) to search

Starz Renews Outlander For A Third And Fourth Season

• Start Topic

The press release doesn't say how many episodes (how interesting that is!) so we're probably in the no less than 13 and up to 16 as we we told for season 2 when that renewal was announced. This season as felt a little too compressed, and books three and four bring in a lot more locales than just France and three sets of major storylines with characters who remain in the story to book eight/nine.

Hmm, well Ron Moore talked about how they had so much good material for the episode "Faith" that they talked to the network about possibly making that a 90 min. episode, which they agreed to. But later, they did find that they could edit it down some, although they did go over 60 mins. So, that says to me that there is a possibility that they could do more than 13, even if it's only one more.

Spoiler

Plus, in the upcoming season, Voyager, there is no actor that would have to be in every episode, like Cait/Claire. The story is kind of split up.

My understanding is the contract for this season was for 13 hours, so to get that extra time they would have needed to borrow from other episodes.  I am highly doubtful we will get more in either of the upcoming seasons.  I'm just happy to get them and hopeful that they will do a good job with them.  

They were going to add the Fox's Laire scenes up until Jamie got the letter to Faith.  I'm guessing that might have been part of the 90 too, and I am glad they ended Faith when and where they did.  I couldn't have handled any more, but also was t ready to quite move on from it either.