Type keyword(s) to search

Brona Croft: Dark, Irish And Mysterious, Like Guinness

(edited)

Wow.  She's kind of this weird combo of slutty and rough looking (I'm sure a completely intentional choice).

Character Bio:

Brona is a poor Irish immigrant to Victorian London trying to escape a dark and sordid past. The Gaelic meaning of her name is "sadness," yet she remains lovely, spirited, and erotically alive. She forms a bond with Ethan Chandler, who will do anything for her.

Penny-Dreadful-Brona-Croft.jpg

Edited by Kromm

Does anyone wonder what happened to her

after the whole Ethan argument? My favorite fan theory is that she's dead and will end up as Caliban's "bride", (which will then, of course, make Victor conflicted with mommy issues and perhaps inappropriate love feelings because his mother died of consumption; I mean, sure, why not? Isn't as if PD shys away from the crazy).

I'm also putting money on Brona being... "crafted" to be Caliban's mate. The juxtaposition of her being "consumed" with Caliban's quest is just too bloody convenient.

And now for something non-spoilery: I guess I'm not supposed to find her accent grating, but I do. It's becoming hard for me to separate my annoyance with her brogue from my compassion for her character.

I assume Lily stuff goes here too.  

I think Lily might be an inverse of Caliban. Victor did a poor job with Caliban's physical self but he did manage to save most of his personality.  With Lily he sewed her physical body back properly but he somehow left bits of Brona's personality on the table. Lily seems only to have access to Brona's hurt and anger...not to her compassion , happiness or love.