Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E120: Where Are They Now? Laura and Marla

• Start Topic

The worst had to be when Marla was lying in bed with one of her many wigs on "pretending" to be busy sorting stuff.  She looked absolutely ridiculous sitting there moving stacks around her bed which she refused to leave.  

• Love 4

Marla is such a piece of work. It's more important to her to be right than to be there for her family. It's only a matter of time until the new doctor shows disapproval of her loss rate or dares to tell her what to do. Telling Marla what she doesn't want to hear = disrespect.

Laura should get rid of her caretaker. He wants a trapped victim, not a wife.

• Love 2

So this isn't to dispute anything or anything like that, but this episode is on and I just noticed something I thought I would share... It's about Marla and the ambulance, I know it's been mentioned but I hadn't actually seen it until just now, but the ambulance is actually a private company... I'm from Houston and have used that company before, when my mom got really sick she lived about 45 minutes outside of Houston, we found out she had cancer, but she didn't have insurance so the local hospital kept just treating her symptoms (dehydration usually) and sending her home. It was a vicious cycle because she was on the larger side, even with my brother and sister and me being a nurse we couldn't get her in a car (it was more because she hurt so that coupled with her size we couldn't get her to a car) so even though she needed to be at a county hospital to get treatment we couldn't get her in a car to get her there and when we called an ambulance they would only take her to a local hospital. So the 4th time I knew we had to figure something out, I had no idea private ambulances existed but it was the best thing ever... They came helped get her loaded in and we finally got to the hospital we needed to be at, all for $600 (including the per mile charge for living 45 minutes away). I actually recognized one of the paramedics from that day, they were awesome. 

I just wanted to share that because I'm sure some people may have been concerned about her using resources for an ambulance to come so once I realized it was a little different at least that is one thing that she did right.

• Love 4

So what was new with the Marla : Transformed? I can't remember, but her weight is way down, and she's walk some.
We need another episode for her to have skin surgery, but since she isn't with Dr. Now, don't know if we'll see it.
At one point, she looked bigger than the person her.  It didn't look like Sierra, but I wasn't sure.

• Love 1