Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Ex-Posed

Amy and Karma have such an unhealthy "friendship," that it's really starting to creep me out. They're toxic with each other....It's a shame, because I initially liked them when the show first started....now I want Karma GONE, Amy in a stable, loving relationship with another woman...and Lauren with someone who is good for her and accepts her...

The comments above are just my two cents.

• Love 3

I really came around to Sabrina in this episode, I hope it's not the end of her arc. I felt some proper chemistry there at last. 

Screw Karma, what is her deal? She seems to be strictly not into Amy sexually but destroys all of her relationships. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Karma is way too invested in Amy's love life while hinting at interest in Felix. RUN FELIX. RUN AMY.

Karma is tedious. 

I wasn't a fan of Noah storming out in the middle of a frank discussion with Shane. It's like the second he heard something he didn't like he bailed. Shane is high maintenance enough with his inability to keep a secret and his tendency to engage in hijinks he does not need another weird boyfriend. Where are all the college guys that Shane said he dated back in the first season? All his boyfriends have had so much weird baggage, Wolf Boy, Closet Case and now Noah. 

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 1

Amy: "I know you're not raedy to come out yet."

Um, are you even out yourself???

I kinda like Preston. Which means they are going to tannish the character so Lauren can kiss Liam. Unbelievable!!!

That made no damn sense. Okay, Theo did not know where he was going to. I can buy that. But, when you get to the residence - dink dink, that's Lauren's house. Lauren and Theo still care for each other. That's good. Hopefully, that kiss will Liam is just a misdirect. I can bare the constant rigmarole with Amy and Karma. But, Lauren and Liam coupling will be the last straw for me.

I don't feel Amy and Sabrina at all. Seems to forced. Aside from Karmy - Amy and Reagan was more plausible as a couple.

Overall, another nothing special episode.

I actually like Sabrina and I think she really does have feelings for Amy. It was bad form to lie about the boyfriend, of course, but I don't think she's trying to play Amy; I think she really is confused about her sexuality and made a mistake. The actress is good, too. I liked Reagan well enough, but the actress wasn't as strong.

• Love 4

I am on the fence about Sabrina.  On one hand, I like the actress and I like the idea of Amy having a female friend other than Karma (she had Lauren but with them being stepsisters that relationship was always going to be a different).  On the other, it really bugs me that Karma and Sabrina started feuding the second Sabrina came back.  It just seems to make both girls seem petty and a little controlling of Amy.

As for Liam and Lauren, they're just boring together and in general.  I feel like they made Lauren less snarky and Liam less of a bro.  I guess they were trying to make the characters feel more real and less over the top, but I don't care about Liam searching for his father.  More importantly, what is even going on with Lauren these past couple of episodes?  Am I forgetting something or has her biggest problem really been that she needs to find a new helper?

Shane though I still really enjoy.  The writers made him way less self centered but still have him struggle to not blab secrets to everyone.  Its funny and over the top but still something I can care about.

Before this episode aired, they ran a promo saying that based on viewer reaction to last week's episode, they re-shot this one to be "even better". I can't help but wonder what they did in the original version that was so hated by people speculating about what would happen that the producers would slam through a change.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Before this episode aired, they ran a promo saying that based on viewer reaction to last week's episode, they re-shot this one to be "even better". I can't help but wonder what they did in the original version that was so hated by people speculating about what would happen that the producers would slam through a change.

That's very interesting. My guess would be that initially Sabrina was going to be just playing Amy, that Sabrina was just a brief misguided stop on the way to a pairing with Felix, but that they have changed direction to allow Sabrina to actually have proper feelings for Amy? Would be a pretty significant divergence though. 

Is it even possible to re-shoot these things so abruptly? I thought the episodes would have been in the can and production wrapped up months ago. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Misty79 said:

That's very interesting. My guess would be that initially Sabrina was going to be just playing Amy, that Sabrina was just a brief misguided stop on the way to a pairing with Felix, but that they have changed direction to allow Sabrina to actually have proper feelings for Amy? Would be a pretty significant divergence though.

Is it even possible to re-shoot these things so abruptly? I thought the episodes would have been in the can and production wrapped up months ago.

That would be very weird considering she's only been here for about 5 or so episodes so far to suddenly change an ending so abruptly.

6 hours ago, Misty79 said:

I presume they were just going for effect in what they said, and had had enough concerns about what they planned to do that they produced some alternate versions of scenes they could swap in at the last minute. It's still not something they'd do casually.

Now I'm really curious! I wonder if it could have been as big of a change as setting Amy up to get together with Sabrina instead of Felix. I'd read spoilers that 

Spoiler

they filmed a finale scene where Amy and Felix were in bed together 

(although I didn't worry much about that because this show is known for dream sequences and the like), but next week's promo  (and the sneak peek) makes it look like the show is going a different direction. 

The actress playing Sabrina is stronger than Yvette, yes. But, her sudden gayness for Amy has no chance of longevity. Both of Amy's m & f interest this season don't stand a chance in the end.

Karma's friendship with Felix has nothing to do with potential feelings developing between the two. I want the show to get renewed for one last hoorah. Maybe it will all make sense in the end. At season end Amy patches things up with Sabrina (Felix will step aside to let that happen because Sabrina appears sincere). But, then...Karma will finally  be ready to face her fears.