Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Untitled

Ugh, few things:

1. Nobody has a title for this episode. Not MTV, not TVDB, not Wikipedia, not Zap2It... very weird for an ep that airs in a few days. Will edit the title in once we have one.

2. The kiss scene was another bait-y dream. Great (she said, sarcastically). I'm sure none of us are sick of those, or anything.

3. I'm already cringing in anticipation of Shane's reaction to finding out Noah is trans. Hoping this will be handled better than we're probably all expecting. The actor seemed happy with the storyline, so we'll see.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Ugh, few things:

1. Nobody has a title for this episode. Not MTV, not TVDB, not Wikipedia, not Zap2It... very weird for an ep that airs in a few days. Will edit the title in once we have one.

2. The kiss scene was another bait-y dream. Great (she said, sarcastically). I'm sure none of us are sick of those, or anything.

3. I'm already cringing in anticipation of Shane's reaction to finding out Noah is trans. Hoping this will be handled better than we're probably all expecting. The actor seemed happy with the storyline, so we'll see.

Actually the name of the episode is Untitled haha. Don't know why the writers decide to named the ep this way.

And yeah, too bad is another dream. Will see if something big happens in the finale. I think they're going to represent the story very well(trans character) even though there are only 3 episodes left. 

On 5/1/2016 at 1:14 AM, fkingfan22 said:

Actually the name of the episode is Untitled haha. Don't know why the writers decide to named the ep this way.

Maybe because somebody's sexuality is Untitled?  And somebody is probably Amy, Karma, or Sabrina.  No idea if that is what the writers are going for, but I am going to pat myself on back if I get it right.

• Love 1

That was... not actually as bad as I was expecting! The ending of last week's episode made it look like Sabrina was going to intentionally seduce Amy, but her behavior this week didn't come off like that at all. Shane handled Noah's reveal better than I thought he would, too. Liam continues to be tolerable when paired with Lauren. I actually feel bad for Felix, although I still don't want Amy to end up with him.

Oh, I somehow forgot about the whole label storyline. That kiiiiind of felt like a "screw you" to the fans who are upset that Amy isn't a lesbian (as the audience was told in interviews that she would be). In any case, the labelling initiative felt too out there, even for Hester. I feel like Penelope would normally be opposed to something that calls people out in that way.

It would have made more sense if it was Unlabeled... rather than untitled. Oh well. I like Liam being paired with Lauren, they provide interesting counter points to each other. Every time I see Felix I feel like he's a puppy that keeps getting kicked. 

Was amusing that Karma seemed more jealous about the Sabrina Amy kissing than Felix was. 

No one should've be upset about the kiss dream since MTV had the clip on their website. Besides, if Karma took such a leap it would not have happened in episode 8.

Was the button label nonsense directed at the fans or what??

Still hate Felix. The character/actor is boring and bland - such a turn off. Noah & Sabrina's on that list to

Shane's character development is a step forward - but I'm still not buying he's trans love.

So, once again Karma needs Amy to move on so that she  questions her true feelings.

This episode was atrocious. I don't even care anymore - I'm just watching just for the sake of it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Milks26 said:

Was the button label nonsense directed at the fans or what??

Probably a snarky response at all the tedious demands that Amy identify herself as a lesbian or they're just being queer baiters... 

Or maybe they're just frustrated about all the accusations that they hate lesbians because they're not "properly representing them" or something. 

I did find Penelope's freak out about not wanting to offend anyone deeply amusing. It does feel that way sometimes when surrounded by the professionally offended that anything you say will be used against you as some kind of microaggression about something or someone.

Shane's expression during the hug was hilarious... You could see the hamster wheel in his mind spinning furiously asking all the niggly questions he doesn't want to say out loud for fear of being intolerant. 

So does anyone think that the script for this episode went through a rewrite at some point?  I mean you have Liam, who is Jewish (well at least for two thirds of the episode), help set up a system where everyone is forced to wear badges identifying what religious groups and sexual orientations they belong to.  Does anyone else feel like there was going to be a connect made to a certain historical regime, but at some point someone decided that was too dark?   Maybe that's why we got Liam's random I'm not Jewish phase that lasted like five minutes.

Other than that no complaints about the episode.  I like that Sabrina may have actual feelings for Amy.  I mean I know this is just one more relationship to get in the way of Karma/Amy but I would just like Sabrina to be more than a jealous crazy person.

At this point I'm happy to ship Amy with anyone but Karma. I'm quite over Karma and her obsession with being the only female Amy is interested in. She's all for Amy hooking up with Felix because he doesn't threaten her being the only woman in Amy's life, but can't let Amy fall for another female. Oh heavens no! Ugh.

I'm surprised at how much I like Liam with Lauren, but I really shouldn't be. Lauren makes everything better.

Shane's reaction to Noah was sweet. Sure he was shocked, who wouldn't be, but he just said it was surprising and once he got over the surprise everything was normal. Very nice.

The labeling thing was stupid. How, exactly, was everyone labeling themselves going to save Christmas break? Why not just call it Winter Break? I'm pretty sure there are few people who care what it's called if they get a week off. I'm an atheist and fully support Christmas break. That was just very clunkily written.

I agree about Liam being likeable enough when they are not portraying him as having a willy that is magnetic to women. I've quite enjoyed his discovery of his Jewish heritage. The Menorah was the best thing he's ever built.

I don't really care if Amy ever labels herself (although I do want her to end the series with another girl), but I can understand why people are annoyed with Faking It's lesbian representation. There have been very few lesbians on the show, only a couple of which got more than two lines, and the most prominent one (Reagan) was immature and biphobic. There doesn't seem to be a single other lesbian at Amy's school. It's also somewhat annoying that Shane (and every guy he dates) seems to be solidly gay and proud, while the girls have to be questioning. There's also a lot of baiting going on (especially with these dream sequences), which the audience is tiring of. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked Amy's speech, maybe this is what I liked the most about the episode. I think it was a good thing to do, nobody should be forced to "label" if they don't want to, you are who you are. 

I was dissapointed with the kiss being a dream but I figured it out before the episode because of the sneak peek. I really thought this time it wasn't going to be a dream though. I have many doubts about the finale but still hoping for it to be a really good one. Maybe Sabrina will turn out to be awesome I mean who knows? Even if it was fast it looked like she was very touch/happy by Amy's speech. 

i don't mind watching scenes with Liam and Lauren actually. Lauren always makes everything better.

Will Shane be able to handle the whole situation? it looks like he really cares for Noah. But that is a big secret to keep and we all know Shane. I think his challenge is to finally understand that this is his chance to make things right and not outing him is the way to do it.

Edited by fkingfan22

I think the challenge for Shane will be less about temptation to out Noah just for the sake of it (because I do think he learned something from the Duke situation) and more about the fact that he's clearly freaked out but can't talk to any of his friends about it without outing him. Shane is needy, and having no outlet for his feelings is an awkward outburst waiting to happen. 

Pairing Liam with Lauren is actually making me dislike him less. Lauren is magic! I wish there was more of Lauren and Amy together though. I really liked that dynamic earlier in the season. 

• Love 2
On 5/5/2016 at 9:43 PM, superman1204 said:

So does anyone think that the script for this episode went through a rewrite at some point?  I mean you have Liam, who is Jewish (well at least for two thirds of the episode), help set up a system where everyone is forced to wear badges identifying what religious groups and sexual orientations they belong to.  Does anyone else feel like there was going to be a connect made to a certain historical regime, but at some point someone decided that was too dark?   Maybe that's why we got Liam's random I'm not Jewish phase that lasted like five minutes.

Yeah, I thought there was a weird jump from him gleefully manning the label table to complaining about the whole process.

14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

At this point I'm happy to ship Amy with anyone but Karma. I'm quite over Karma and her obsession with being the only female Amy is interested in. She's all for Amy hooking up with Felix because he doesn't threaten her being the only woman in Amy's life, but can't let Amy fall for another female. Oh heavens no! Ugh.

Thank you! I was so for Amy/Karma in the beginning but now I see Karma as very possessive and bratty, and think Amy deserves so much better.

This was the first episode I enjoyed in quite some time. I liked the whole label plot because that has become a thing, particularly online... you gotta make sure people know your labels so you and your opinions can be properly validated or mocked. But I hope that plot wasn't just to help postpone Amy labeling herself... I mean, I agree with the sentiment but they always do that with bisexuality.

As weird as Liam/Lauren is, I started warming up to them by the end of this episode. I'm still so-so on Noah but I did like the reveal with Shane. @Bubbles, you bring up a good point, it may not be that Shane will be vindictive and spill the beans but that he'll be stressed not being able to talk to his friends about it.

I don't like Sabrina because she seems to be a more jealous, manipulative version of Karma, who's enough already. I've been warming up to Felix... I'm not quite buying the romance aspect with Amy but I'm liking him as a character more. Saw a little vibe with him and Karma, maybe they should give it a shot.