Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Welcome to the Gun Show

5 hours ago, starri said:

She's certainly not being quiet about her gun control activism.

No, she's not.  I respect that she's willing to take a stand because it must be so tempting for celebrities to adopt an "I don't want to offend anyone" attitude.  

I thought the weakest piece was the Liam Neeson one (sadly, because I love him).  I appreciate that he was game to do it though.  (Actually the really weakest bit was the last bit where she talked to the man and the woman in the bar about guns.....just wasn't funny or really interesting at all.)

The man and the woman were her best friend and husband who was a former cop, so I didn't think it was intended to be funny, but to just show a regular guy's opinion on the issue.

I like that she included the stand up bit about "stfu you're a celebrity". The comments on the internet when there's an article on her is vitriolic at best. 

Her movie was a silly romantic comedy. A mass shooting is just mind boggling. 

20 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

(Actually the really weakest bit was the last bit where she talked to the man and the woman in the bar about guns.....just wasn't funny or really interesting at all.)

Bridget Everett is like anti-funny to me.  I have no idea why Amy spends so much time promoting her.  I know they're friends, but Amy usually has better instincts.

Like, I didn't think it was possible for someone to be worse than Lisa Lampanelli, but Bridget found a way.

• Love 1

I DVRed Archer and The Real World at 10 p.m. I wound up recording IAS after 1, and I discovered that they leave in the cursing at that time. Just something y'all should know about.

I'm going to show my mother the Game of Thrones sketch, since she's a fan. And maybe the gun shopping as well. I feel that Amy is taking on issues with a sledgehammer, but she's looking good doing it for now.