Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: De Los Inocentes

I was really hoping it would be the stereotypical husband kills wife who is divorcing him, solely so it wouldn't be yet another local who went ceremony/culture-crazy. It was boring three episodes ago, it is even moreso now...

• Love 2

I recognised Matthew Settle as the dad.  He was on that TNT miniseries "Into the West" some years ago, and I think he also was a regular on one of those CW teen shows.  So I didn't think they would make him the killer.

I pretty much accept that the local will always be the unsub, because I thought that was the premise of the show... Americans get into trouble with locals and the team comes in, and along the way we get snippets about the local culture.

19 hours ago, weightyghost said:

I was really hoping it would be the stereotypical husband kills wife who is divorcing him, solely so it wouldn't be yet another local who went ceremony/culture-crazy. It was boring three episodes ago, it is even moreso now...

I knew it wouldn't be the husband, specifically because he was acting so much like a Lifetime Villain.  

I really do think this will be a problem for the show, if they don't shake things up. I mean, I get that on the mothership it's far more often a random stranger as the murderer than it would be in real life, but they're dealing with serial killers. Here, they're dealing with random dead Americans, who seem, also randomly, to pretty much always be killed by serials - in countries where there is no BAU equivalent, or indeed anyone with any experience at all, apart from the FBI.

I deal with the mothership on the basis that they're supposed to be the best in the US. I can buy that in a fictional universe. But I just can't believe that in France or Mexico, there is no-one in this universe with a clue what to do when a serial strikes. No elite team, no interest. It's simply impossible.

• Love 2