Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: The Taming of the Wu

Huh, so like maybe she just started coming into her hexie-powers and it started turning her crazypants, like all other hexies do (and which we've been told is a thing) so she started mind-questing around for mommy and found Black Claw instead, which is how they found they safehouse and grabbed her?

I feel like we should be printing all this shit out and sending it to the show in a huge sheaf of papers at the end of every season. Maybe sell it as a coffee table book. Call it The Plot Holes Of Grimm or something. Get someone off DeviantArt to illustrate the thing. There's like, several TENS of dollars just WAITING to be made off this idea.

• Love 2
On 30 April 2016 at 3:44 AM, SweetTooth said:

I had thought that at first, but watching it last night, I think that he didn't realize it was a scratch from the creature until Rosalee said something.

Also, they reminded me that it was supposed to be genetic, so it was posed to them that a regular old human couldn't catch it. 

Whereas Nick knew his was zombification, and he'd just die for a little while a few times a day and turn different colors. But he decided to just ride it out and not tell Rosalee.

When they explained that last night, about it only being genetic which is why Wu didn't worry about the scratch I wasn't sure if Wu actually would have understood that. I know I'd for sure call Rosalie if I got a boo hoo from a beasty considering all the crap that Wu and the others have seen!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

I think baby Kelly will just be a Grimm, as of right now he's just a normal baby with no special powers.  I also think Adalind should have left him with Nick because I don't think he's safe with her. Black claw has access to him and I still don't think Diana will like sharing her mommys attention  

As for Diana, she needs to be sent away. Right now she seems like a powerful little girl who could throw a hell of a temper tantrum.  I thought Trubels comment was wierd also, Diana isn't a hexenzauberbiest, she's just a hexenbiest and the expected offspring of Adalind and Renard. She's extra powerful because of the spells Adalind did when she was pregnant with her.  Anyway I still think she's evil but they can't kill her so she has to be sent away. 

I'm also still wondering how the campaign will explain baby Kelly since he's attached at Adalinds hip.  I don't see her letting him out of her sight.  I wonder if they are going to pass him off as Renards. 

Well that would be fitting as Nick is a Grimm and he seems to be just a normal person with no special powers ?. I would really love to know he easily defeats all these Wesen!

I agree, they can't kill Diana as a child but at her accelerated growth rate they could defo off her once she hits about 20!

Trubel was talking about Diana's parentage, I'm can't remember if she said hexenzauberbiest but you're right Diana is a hexenbiest which is just the female term for zauberbiest and a hexen or zauber is exactly what a child would be with witches for parents, it's not anything out of the ordinary. (I've always found it odd that the biests have a female and male name but all the other Wesen are just called by a generic name. 

On 4/30/2016 at 4:42 AM, catrox14 said:

I could not help but think of Little Lilith on SPN who was a genuinely creepy terrifying little actress. This girl...not so much. Bleh

Poor Wu...:(

Yes.  Sadly I did not find Diana creepy at all, I found her laughable.

And I agree, poor Wu.

On 4/30/2016 at 8:29 AM, seacliffsal said:

I am looking forward to an explosion of hexenbeist activity.  I think once Adaline re-establishes her relationship with Diana that things could get really interesting.  I predict that Adaline and Diana will help bring down Black Claw, but Adaline will sacrifice herself in the process for Diana/Kelly/Nick.  Then Juliette will step in to help raise Diana and there we have the new Grimm family.

<snipped>.

I think I just threw up a little. So please be wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lii said:

Huh, so like maybe she just started coming into her hexie-powers and it started turning her crazypants, like all other hexies do (and which we've been told is a thing) so she started mind-questing around for mommy and found Black Claw instead, which is how they found they safehouse and grabbed her?

OK, maybe I'm thinking too logically about this, unlike the writers, but mightn't there be some geographic factor here? We saw Nevada plates on the car outside the safe house. That's only a state away from Portland. I don't know where Diana was prior to this, but she may have been too far away from her mom and the other key players to be aware of them or mind-quest toward them. While it is certainly possible that Diana did something that attracted Black Claw, it is also possible that they found her the old fashioned way: tortured the information out of a Resistance member.

4 hours ago, Save Yourself said:

Well that would be fitting as Nick is a Grimm and he seems to be just a normal person with no special powers ?. I would really love to know he easily defeats all these Wesen!

I thought that Nick had enhanced Grimm abilities -- strength, speed, resilience. Here's something from the Grimm Wiki (not sure how authoritative that is) on the subject:

"Grimms also possess slightly superhuman strength, durability, agility, reflexes, speed, and even morphallaxis ("The Chopping Block"). This allows them to go toe to toe with any Wesen, except Siegbarste, and survive things that would kill a normal person. Nick was able to take on a Skalenzahne (one of the strongest known Wesen) and defeat it. His aunt, despite dying of cancer and weakened by the drugs, was still able to kill her human attacker, and she showed no fear when she saw Monroe. Grimms' strength can also be measured in the fact they can casually take down Wesen who possess superhuman strength, such [as] Jagerbars or Klaustreich, and can easily overpower humans. Grimms' durability is particularly notable; several times, Nick has shrugged off blows from creatures with incredible strength. For example, when facing a Schakal, the creature smashed a toaster on his head, but he recovered in seconds. ("Woman in Black") He was even able to escape from a beating with a Siegbarste, with the worst of his injuries being a few bruised ribs."

This is one of the reasons I am interested in what Meisner is. I think we now have pretty good evidence that he is not wesen (they seem to get a strength boost when they woge, and he didn't woge even when losing the fight in this episode). Some people have proposed that he might be a Grimm. I kind of hope he's not. If he is a normal human, that gives us some sense of just how enhanced Grimms are. Since Meisner can match or best Grimms in a fight, that means Grimms aren't too far above top level human strength and speed -- close enough that Meisner can make up for any gap with skill and training (presumably he's been doing this a lot longer than Nick or Trubel). He wouldn't have the durability, of course, but that only comes into play if the other guy manages to hit you.

Edited by tpel

The Wu gang was as determined and purposeful as I've seen in their quest to find out exactly what was going on with our favorite sergeant. I liked seeing that--this comradery--this one 'nation' under the Wu scenario. I liked it because, if nothing else, it gives Wu some interesting screen time. The gang will be challenged for sure, what with finding a cure. But it's this Black Claw uprising that continues to endure.

This episode continued the grim  Grimm story of monsters and men or rather extend the concept of the monster that can be found in men. Intended or not, the presentation represents an abstraction regarding the effect of how a person that's affected with 'mutancy' reacts and how that condition affects the people in their orbit. Though Wu's new wrinkle might not have meant to draw particular attention to that phenomena, it did. it's actually a recurring theme in this series. This was not the first time this kind of exposure was used to push a change in characters. Juliette and even Adalind is testament on that score; it's the struggle that comes from the reality of living two separate lives that presents the dilemma. Wu has been fundamentally transformed, physical and mentally. He has killed---he has taken a life albeit unconsciously. The moral burden is lifted and his 'crime' justified by verbiage that indicates that his victim 'deserved' to die. He is full of remorse and has consciously accepted his fate--or so it seems at this point anyway.

The concern now becomes, will Wu's new reality alter him to the point of no return? Will he (somewhere along the way) embrace his 'power' like Juliette did or fight the urge as he's vowed to do? Meanwhile he is nowhere near tamed. The opposite (I suspect) goes to Eve/tte. Her personal and (I think) intrusive interest in Nick is troubling. She's all up in this man's arse, a man who ostensibly she should fear. She is not this 'creature' devoid of emotion. It's Juliette pretending to be Eve for whatever reason. It could be guilt and therefore the need for recompense due to the pain and destruction she caused. Whatever the reason, I'm sure that she's waiting to announce that, "psych, I've been dull, useless Juliette all along".

Black Claw's other agenda (domination by destruction) came back into focus. For the past couple of weeks we were inundated with the plans for this usurpation from a political aspect. Now, with a new, yet tedious Black Claw head figure, Bonaparte (really?) the group has resorted to strong-arming Adalind, Renard and Zuri and things are about to get crucial. Gotta feel sorry for Hank though, getting in bed with the enemy thereby guaranteeing that his love life will bite--big time.  
Hank isn't the only one with a Wesen problem. Nick's relationship with Adalind has been fraught with deceit. Addy, finally shared her 'secret' with Nick and to her (and my) surprise instead of rejection, she was assured that he would not harm her. The same can't be said about her powerful daughter Diana. The threats and ultimatums Bonaparte doled out to Adaline scares her enough that she has taken he Kelly to parts unknown. She did however cleverly leave a disappearing ink note with an explanation, an apology and a seemingly sound motivation for her flight---to save him and her children.

Diana, a person of interest to Black Claw has issues, not the least of which is her manipulative yet immature behavior. Temper tantrums, apparitions, voices that imitate, threaten and demand and this is the first act.  This girl needs an exorcism--Exorcizo te, omnis spiritus immunde, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in noimine Jesu Christi Filii ejus, Domini et Judicis nostri, et in virtute Spiritus Sancti.  Per eumdem Christum Dominum nostrum, qui venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos, et saeculum per ignem.
Her power scares me, Adalind and Eve/tte and seem to (potentially) empower Black Claw. Is Renard a puppet or the puppet master lulling the Black Claw contingent into believing he's their boy? Bonaparte is trippin' and livin' la vida fantasía. His directive to Renard? Recruit Nick or he shall die! uh-huh.

Adalind's intent is to protect Nick and Kelly, but from whom? Diana or Black Claw? I'm thinking Black Claw ought to be afraid of Diana if for nothing else her disregard for anyone's needs but her own. If Addy plays her cards right, it's possible that she could direct Diana to destroy Black Claw insurgents, and, if I pray really hard, maybe Eve once and for all. She had better not try to hurt Kelly...although I'm thinking that Kelly may just be able to hold his own.
Shirtless Meiser and Trubel are back---just in time for the war that's a comin'. Nick...come here quick and bring that lickin' stick!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Save Yourself said:

Ha!  Ain't that the truth!

I agree, they can't kill Diana as a child but at her accelerated growth rate they could defo off her once she hits about 20!

Which should be in just a couple of weeks.  I'm of two minds here.  If they can make Diana and actual villain, I'd say let her live.  On the other hand, they haven't yet made anyone else an actual villain, so why would they start with her?  Also, her story line is so convoluted and yet still a special kind of boring that I'm all for putting and end to it.  And her.

Trubel was talking about Diana's parentage, I'm can't remember if she said hexenzauberbiest but you're right Diana is a hexenbiest which is just the female term for zauberbiest and a hexen or zauber is exactly what a child would be with witches for parents, it's not anything out of the ordinary. (I've always found it odd that the biests have a female and male name but all the other Wesen are just called by a generic name. 

The show can't even agree on this.  First zauberbiests were just male hexenbiests (without, apparently, anything more than a little extra physical strength when the woged).  Then Renard pointedly said that they were different.  And now they are the same again?  Do they lock each individual writer up in separate rooms and not let them talk to each other so that none of them actually knows what goes on in this show?  Because, honestly, the inconsistencies and plot holes in this show are beginning to become a wonder in their own right.

• Love 2

Renard's "I love you" to Diana fell on deaf ears.  What a little, shit.  I am really hoping Diana turns into Frau Pech and we can finally kill off this character.

Sigh.  I hope Hank lives, because it is nice for Nick to have a sane and normal detective partner.

Adalind is a twit.  She confessed to having her powers back and even had Nick looking into finding Diana, so why not go all the way and tell what was going on with BC and her kid?!  Come, on!  

Renard is so going to make a move at some point and kill off a few BC members starting with Rachel, Conrad, etc...

10 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Ha!  Ain't that the truth!

Which should be in just a couple of weeks.  I'm of two minds here.  If they can make Diana and actual villain, I'd say let her live.  On the other hand, they haven't yet made anyone else an actual villain, so why would they start with her?  Also, her story line is so convoluted and yet still a special kind of boring that I'm all for putting and end to it.  And her.

The show can't even agree on this.  First zauberbiests were just male hexenbiests (without, apparently, anything more than a little extra physical strength when the woged).  Then Renard pointedly said that they were different.  And now they are the same again?  Do they lock each individual writer up in separate rooms and not let them talk to each other so that none of them actually knows what goes on in this show?  Because, honestly, the inconsistencies and plot holes in this show are beginning to become a wonder in their own right.

I think I vaguely remember Renard saying something about that, someone must have changed their mind with that particular detail! I know, how do they not have a show 'bible' that is clear about which main beasties can do what, what powers Grimms have, etc. It's very frustrating. So often after the episode airs I think 'why am I still watching this?'. I do find it hard to give up on a show when I start, I'm usually in for the long haul (which leads to some very tedious hours of TV, ugh, True Blood, Dexter, etc) but I think if Rosalie and Monroe were not in the show then I'd be gone.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, tpel said:

I thought that Nick had enhanced Grimm abilities -- strength, speed, resilience. Here's something from the Grimm Wiki (not sure how authoritative that is) on the subject:

"Grimms also possess slightly superhuman strength, durability, agility, reflexes, speed, and even morphallaxis ("The Chopping Block"). This allows them to go toe to toe with any Wesen, except Siegbarste, and survive things that would kill a normal person. Nick was able to take on a Skalenzahne (one of the strongest known Wesen) and defeat it. His aunt, despite dying of cancer and weakened by the drugs, was still able to kill her human attacker, and she showed no fear when she saw Monroe. Grimms' strength can also be measured in the fact they can casually take down Wesen who possess superhuman strength, such [as] Jagerbars or Klaustreich, and can easily overpower humans. Grimms' durability is particularly notable; several times, Nick has shrugged off blows from creatures with incredible strength. For example, when facing a Schakal, the creature smashed a toaster on his head, but he recovered in seconds. ("Woman in Black") He was even able to escape from a beating with a Siegbarste, with the worst of his injuries being a few bruised ribs."

This is one of the reasons I am interested in what Meisner is. I think we now have pretty good evidence that he is not wesen (they seem to get a strength boost when they woge, and he didn't woge even when losing the fight in this episode). Some people have proposed that he might be a Grimm. I kind of hope he's not. If he is a normal human, that gives us some sense of just how enhanced Grimms are. Since Meisner can match or best Grimms in a fight, that means Grimms aren't too far above top level human strength and speed -- close enough that Meisner can make up for any gap with skill and training (presumably he's been doing this a lot longer than Nick or Trubel). He wouldn't have the durability, of course, but that only comes into play if the other guy manages to hit you.

I think early on they mentioned a couple of those characteristics? And then some we've kind of guessed like with the quick recovery and healing. I don't think they've shown this very well though, on Buffy I always believed this tiny woman could kick all the monsters butts, the choreography was really good and because we saw her training you could see how she honed her skills. With Nick I feel like I just have to take on faith that he is more powerful than most of the Wesen because it's so rarely demonstrated, when he takes someone down I think 'bullshit!' I also don't understand why he didn't realise that he was stronger than most other people before he was told he was a Grimm, it's not an 'only one Grimm at a time' deal like with Buffy when there could be only one Slayer. I do believe though when Trubel kicks ass and she was doing so long before she knew about the Grimm stuff. The Meisner thing IMO really screws up the whole Grimm's being so powerful myth because it's believable when he wins battles. So therefore if Grimms' are only a bit more powerful than the average human, why are they so greatly feared? Maybe some of it is just DG not pulling off the fight scenes very well.

ETA: Was just thinking, it's weird as well that Nick never saw anybody wage before he found out he was a Grimm, Portland is apparently Wesen central and he's a cop (and Wesen also apparently have a disproportionately large criminal population) so he would have run into Wesen under stress. Trubel said that she had seen them since she was young. So many questions! And I'm sure lots of 'reasons' :)

Edited by Save Yourself
4 hours ago, Save Yourself said:

ETA: Was just thinking, it's weird as well that Nick never saw anybody wage before he found out he was a Grimm, Portland is apparently Wesen central and he's a cop (and Wesen also apparently have a disproportionately large criminal population) so he would have run into Wesen under stress. Trubel said that she had seen them since she was young. So many questions! And I'm sure lots of 'reasons' :)

This was another big inconsistency with the show.  In the first episode, Monroe tells Nick that Grimms get their powers when another Grimm in their family dies (and Marie was on her way out at that point).  Then, later, Kelly tells Nick that it just happens at a certain age--late 20s or so for men and early teens for girls.  This would explain why Trubel saw them when she was younger, but I agree with you about Nick.  Even if he wasn't a "developed" Grimm, Nick (and every other cop) should have seen a full woge before that.  But, then, maybe they were just chalking it up to the weirdness of Portland (or their mind did that thing where it explains away things...)

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's my best stab at an explanation: Grimms' powers emerge naturally at different times -- females usually in their teens and males usually in their twenties -- but powers can also be triggered by the death of another Grimm to whom they are connected. This is a messy explanation, but the expression of many human genetic traits is messy too. Before their powers emerge, they have normal strength and resilience, though of course those who know they are in Grimm families may be training for the possibility, and thus be more fit than average. Before their powers emerge, they cannot see normal woges, such as those induced by stress. They would be able to see the deliberately-showing-the-world woges, just like any other human could, but these are rare: the wesen community strongly discourages such displays. It does strain credulity that the wesen community is so successful that very few cops have seen a deliberately-showing-woge, as it seems likely that some wesen would try it as a desperation move to avoid arrest. It is possible, however, that wesen sightings are significantly under-reported among Portland's finest, who want to avoid psych evaluations. The seeing-wesen-is-crazy-making idea is also a bit messy, as perhaps it should be: people have different levels of tolerance for things they can't explain. We've seen some humans deal with it, and we've been told, I think, that children deal with it better than adults.

Once their powers emerge, Grimms gain moderately enhanced strength, significantly increased resistance to and healing from injury, the ability to see the normal stress-woges, and perhaps enhancements of speed/reflexes/agility. The physical enhancements don't, in themselves, mean that a Grimm could best any human in a fight. A top-notch human fighter -- let's assume Meisner -- could be nearly as strong and fast, and way more skilled in martial arts. Where a Grimm has a serious advantage over a human in a fight is in resistance to injury. Perhaps we saw that come into play in Meisner's recent fight (though some of us were . . . distracted ;-). He does fine against the wesen until the latter manages to land a few consecutive blows; usually opponents don't get that far against him. A Grimm might have been able to shrug that off, but it takes Meisner a few minutes to re-group (it would probably take most humans a trip to the hospital for a concussion, but hey, this is TV, and he is a badass). So, wesen fear Grimms not so much because they are a bit stronger than humans, but because they are really hard to kill. Grimms also know who the wesen are, keep records of the best ways to kill each species of wesen, have a history of collusion with Royals, and have a penchant for decapitation.

Edited by tpel
  • Love 4

So, I'm not sure I get the timeline with Diana. Black Claw reunited her with Renard in Inugame - episode 17. Meisner arrives at the "safe" house in this episode (19) - which is at least a few days after that if I'm not imagining it. Eve-ette's alarm rang last episode, I think. Makes no sense.

Two things - of course KreepyKid connected with Eve-ette - but interesting that she said "not my mommy!"

Also, when faking the Renard call, she heard her baby brother cry. That kind of gives me the chills - doesn't seem like she'd be too happy that instead of going to the ends of the earth to find her, Mommy popped out a rival. So, a little worried for baby Kelly - though maybe his hexengrimm powers will spark when defending himself against his hexen/zauber/ sister (maybe amped up by super weird magical hexen power renewal rituals? Hey, if a mom taking drugs can impact a child's development, why not eating the heart of a hexenbeist?)

Too many moving pieces with vague and fluctuating purposes. I wouldn't mind going back to WoW. I miss seeing new, kind of cute, wesen.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, clanstarling said:

So, I'm not sure I get the timeline with Diana. Black Claw reunited her with Renard in Inugame - episode 17. Meisner arrives at the "safe" house in this episode (19) - which is at least a few days after that if I'm not imagining it. Eve-ette's alarm rang last episode, I think. Makes no sense.

Two things - of course KreepyKid connected with Eve-ette - but interesting that she said "not my mommy!"

Also, when faking the Renard call, she heard her baby brother cry. That kind of gives me the chills - doesn't seem like she'd be too happy that instead of going to the ends of the earth to find her, Mommy popped out a rival. So, a little worried for baby Kelly - though maybe his hexengrimm powers will spark when defending himself against his hexen/zauber/ sister (maybe amped up by super weird magical hexen power renewal rituals? Hey, if a mom taking drugs can impact a child's development, why not eating the heart of a hexenbeist?)

Too many moving pieces with vague and fluctuating purposes. I wouldn't mind going back to WoW. I miss seeing new, kind of cute, wesen.

I wasn't sure what to make of Diana's "not my mommy" comment.  Something hostile would be expected, since not-Mommy had a hand in killing surrogate-Mommy Kelly, but was this a reference to when Juliette was with her briefly before Diana got on the helicopter?  I really don't get it.

I'm pretty sure the point was just to show that Diana's telepathic mommy-connection landed in Juliette's brain too, and when it did, D noticed and was annoyed. Thus implying more fucked up Juliette-Adalind connectedness side effects from all the transforming whatevers. Which is made a smidge more interesting since if we assume Sean is indeed her father, Juliette's been both Diana's parents.

• Love 1

It would have made more sense for Diana to have connected with Nick, since he was once connected to Adalind in ways that Elisabeth could not predict.  

We have three hexenbiests, one Grimm that can't buy a clue, one Grimm that looks like she's eating wesen for snacks, my sexy pants Renard having his chain pulled by some old punk, Hank too busy looking for his next lay with Zuri who is about to clean his clock, Wu foaming at the mouth, Monroe and Rosalie dealing with whatever comes their way, Adalind not spilling all that she knows to Nick, Kelly Jr. looking all cute and Diana evil child getting on my last nerves!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, clanstarling said:

There is so much in this show that makes no sense ;-) but I'm not sure what's particularly non-sensical about this. Is it just that HW was a bit slow on the uptake? I'm guessing that Diana was grabbed from the safe house a few days ago and brought to Portland. For whatever reason, it took a little while for this to show up on HW's computer. Meisner and Trubel went to investigate. Trubel commented on the smell, indicating that a little time had passed since the deaths of Diana's guardians, which is consistent with the presumed timeline. Perhaps the puzzling part is, I thought the alarm flag on the computer identified the two operatives (the guardians) as dead, or presumed dead, when Trubel and Meisner did not confirm their deaths until this episode. Perhaps they didn't check in and were assumed to be dead.

• Love 1

Also, was the safe house in Peru or wherever it was that Meisner sent Trubel to in offscreen land awhile back? Or was that why Meisner randomly disappeared shortly thereafter? Or did they meet up after hearing from JuliEve about it when she used her mad google skillz? I need not only a timeline, but some explanation for the offscreen land missions. Like a sentence would do. Seriously. 

8 hours ago, tpel said:

There is so much in this show that makes no sense ;-) but I'm not sure what's particularly non-sensical about this. Is it just that HW was a bit slow on the uptake? I'm guessing that Diana was grabbed from the safe house a few days ago and brought to Portland. For whatever reason, it took a little while for this to show up on HW's computer. Meisner and Trubel went to investigate. Trubel commented on the smell, indicating that a little time had passed since the deaths of Diana's guardians, which is consistent with the presumed timeline. Perhaps the puzzling part is, I thought the alarm flag on the computer identified the two operatives (the guardians) as dead, or presumed dead, when Trubel and Meisner did not confirm their deaths until this episode. Perhaps they didn't check in and were assumed to be dead.

Given she's supposed to be the most valuable special snowflake in the world,  I just don't think it makes sense that their security systems wouldn't show an immediate breach and that they wouldn't have operatives there in minutes, much less days. It doesn't take long for a security breach to show up on a computer, so that in and of itself doesn't make sense. When I put in the wrong alarm at work, it not only blares within a minute, the security people call up within a few minutes - not days.

Obviously there are many things that don't make sense in this show, but for some reason this really bothered me.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, I see. I was assuming that it wasn't an alarm-system type security breach, though now that you mention it, the flag on Eve's computer could certainly be read that way. Instead, I figured that Diana was in deep cover with some Resistance couple, who checked in regularly but perhaps indirectly, so as not to draw any attention to themselves. That is, I'm assuming a bit of separation between the Resistance and HW, such that Meisner was telling the truth when he told Renard that he didn't know exactly where Diana was. I'm not sure that the Resistance would want to give up control to HW enough to let the latter place electronic surveillance on their people's house. But when Diana showed up on the HW radar, and her guardians failed to check in, the HW system put two and two together and presumed them dead. At that point, Meisner and Trubel (either just back from wherever they were -- Peru? -- or called back due to this development), went to investigate. Thus, a few days delay.

Also, was the safe house in Peru or wherever it was that Meisner sent Trubel to in offscreen land awhile back? 

We have some evidence that the safe house was in Nevada -- the camera zoomed in on the plates of a car outside it. That would fit with Trubel and Meisner being able to get back to the HW headquarters fairly quickly.

It is possible that I'm thinking this through more logically than the writers have. I like to try to fill in plot holes as plausibly as possible ;-)

Edited by tpel
  • Love 1

I forgot about the Nevada plates. So basically god knows how they got there. Fair enough. 

While we're down this rabbit hole, have they been mentioning any weird shit going down in Nevada at any other points this season that we can reasonably attribute to a growing hexenbrat?

Right now she seems like a powerful little girl who could throw a hell of a temper tantrum.  I thought Trubels comment was wierd also, Diana isn't a hexenzauberbiest, she's just a hexenbiest and the expected offspring of Adalind and Renard. She's extra powerful because of the spells Adalind did when she was pregnant with her. 

Adalind didn't even have her powers back yet when she was pregnant with Diana and yet Frau Pecht was already salivating over the thought of the baby because she was a "Royal" and that seemed to make her so valuable. For reasons that were never fully explained. Even if the Royal blood was from Renard who was a bastard and exiled from his family. So . . . ??? They're making this crap up as they go along - there's no clear explanation for why Diana is so damned important or so damned powerful.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Adalind didn't even have her powers back yet when she was pregnant with Diana and yet Frau Pecht was already salivating over the thought of the baby because she was a "Royal" and that seemed to make her so valuable. For reasons that were never fully explained. Even if the Royal blood was from Renard who was a bastard and exiled from his family. So . . . ??? They're making this crap up as they go along - there's no clear explanation for why Diana is so damned important or so damned powerful.

Adalind's baby would have fetched plenty of money on the black market, especially since the father was of Royal blood (Eric or Sean).  Sebastian asked Sean if he wanted to bid on the baby, because Eric would have ripped off the mother and he said, yes.  

Diana is only important because she gained her powers while Adalind was smearing that nasty goop on her stomach while pregnant.  Otherwise, no one would have given a poop that Adalind and Renard were having a baby.

It's too bad Diana did not bite Kelly as a baby and lost all of her powers.  Sigh.  Now that would have been juicy as hell that Diana was just a normal fifteen month old baby!

Edited by Darklazr