Type keyword(s) to search

Store Tiny House for sale already?

I loved this store/home, thought it was functional and a way to find your customers with the ability to move. 

It's on Tiny House Listings for 50,000. http://tinyhouselistings.com/listing/atlanta-ga-12-serena-tiny-house/

With so many getting homes and leaving them so quickly, I find it hard to get involved in the process as a viewer but I guess it's their perogative to sell if they bought it with their own money. Life does give us curveballs at times but you also have the TH fame to help sell.

Edited by debraran

With so many getting homes and leaving them so quickly, I find it hard to get involved in the process as a viewer but I guess it's their perogative to sell if they bought it with their own money. Life does give us curveballs at times but you also have the TH fame to help sell.

Since you posted this here, someone made a comment on Tiny House Listings that the owner hasn't made any payments to the builder, Tennessee Tiny Homes.  Doesn't make it true, but it does make one wonder.

I saw this recently, don't know if land was an issue from the beginning.

https://www.gofundme.com/sisclothing

Land is always an issue.  Unless you're on Tiny House Hunters and, miraculously, it turns out the house can stay right where it is!!  What luck!!!!

I noticed on the gofundme site that the reward for giving them $1,000 was to be featured with them on Tiny House Nation.  Can they even do that?  Is NOTHING on these shows real?

Although nobody bit, so it doesn't matter.  In a little less than a year, they've raised $440 toward their goal of $45,000.

(edited)

I was confused because although a lot of the show is staged, I thought from so many interviews with participants, you had to have some or all the base money up front and they would give upgrades for free. Many of the people on have already started building their home and they make it seem like it's from the start, others maybe not.

I can't imagine they are hard up for people to be on that they did a home for free for someone with a promise to pay....not saying what was stated wasn't true, but people do lie on the internet and sometimes it gets exaggerated. I feel he didn't understand the zoning laws but I also fault the builders and show if they don't get the participants knowledge in writing. Too many seem clueless about not finding places to park home, etc. even traveling. I understand the need to have so many shows done , but don't take advantage of a persons ignorance either,  even if they should have more common sense.

Edited by debraran
On 4/24/2016 at 10:39 AM, debraran said:

Another for sale, beach house, guess it's going to be Tiny House flipping now.

This house was very cool but they are asking for $99k, which is insane.  Their ad also says "brand new" which would make me think that no one has lived in it.  So maybe the house was purchased as an investment or with thoughts of selling.  I don't mind that but I wish they would be honest about it on the show.  

Depending on where the tiny beach house is now in Santa Barbara/Goleta, they could probably use it as a vacation rental.  I think it might be interesting/fun to stay in one for a week, or even a weekend, but certainly not long term. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Someone said they didn't like the number of surf boards they couldn't have....24 down to 8 or so. My husband said after living in a guest house, the composting toilet and other lack of amenities probably might have had something to do with it also.

My biggest pet peeve isn't the "reality" part being too large (some episodes are better than others) but with all the people wanting a home, having the money, maturity and common sense to do their homework, why do they get so many that are surprised they can't find parking or land or zoning areas? How can you pay 30,000 up and not know the rules? The show doesn't owe them anything, but I wouldn't let anyone on the show that didn't have a full tutorial on the laws and expectations. It does more for the tiny home movement to have more people who stay a few years or longer than flipping the houses months later hoping the fame gives them a profit. (legal but not good publicity)

I'm looking forward to a foundation home coming up that they got permission for (100 sq feet too small) and has downstairs bedroom and loft with spiral staircase. To me, that is more doable for many.

Edited by debraran
(edited)

I don't understand why another home is for sale before it shows on TV. Why do they build them if just to flip it?

http://tinyhouselistings.com/listing/afton-tn-12-country-meets-city-tiny-house-on-wheels/

I think they should be more discerning but maybe there aren't enough people to pick from, although on THN Facebook page, so many seem to want one to actually live in, retire, etc. It doesn't really matter to me, not my home, but if the show isn't just "reality" and wants to make tiny homes a viable option for some, don't show so many who really don't want them.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

I think I have reached my burn out level with this show and others like it.  First, an hour and a half?  Really?  When I watch, I want to see their initial design idea and the result.  I don't need to see the "games" being played to understand tiny living or anything else.  Second, I'm over the people and their "it's so tiny!" and "it's so big!" b.s.  

I don't mind the people looking to go tiny with foundation homes but I think most of the tiny mobile people need therapy, not a t.v. appearance.

• Love 4

I agree with a lot of that. 90 minutes is a MOVIE not  I a tiny house show. I noticed a lot more sponsors they are pushing, maybe they promised them more air time. I love the foundation homes and the fact they are more widely received but if I see another home for sale right after, it's kind of a joke. And unless they don't take the ad down quickly, most are still for sale, so the THN angle doesn't seem to be a huge pull.

If you watch a lot, the "windows give so much natural light", "the bathroom can fit 2!" does get a bit old but I still like the storage ideas. I really hope they go back to 60 minutes though, I find myself falling asleep at times and FF the next day on demand. ; )

I know there eventually was a House Hunters drinking game based on all the idiotic things that the participants would end up saying (man cave, entertaining, space, granite, hardwood, stainless, etc). After watching these shows, and I'll admit probably too many, I think there could easily be a Tiny House drinking game as well. I'm just a fan of adding fun drinking games to my TV viewing. 

9 hours ago, msani19 said:

I know there eventually was a House Hunters drinking game based on all the idiotic things that the participants would end up saying (man cave, entertaining, space, granite, hardwood, stainless, etc). After watching these shows, and I'll admit probably too many, I think there could easily be a Tiny House drinking game as well. I'm just a fan of adding fun drinking games to my TV viewing. 

I think you could die of alcohol poisoning if you drank every time "natural light" (do most homes have no windows?), "it seems so much bigger than I thought" or "rustic feel" was used.

The person who does the script needs some new adjectives. ; )

• Love 1
On June 2, 2016 at 6:24 AM, debraran said:

I don't understand why another home is for sale before it shows on TV. Why do they build them if just to flip it?

http://tinyhouselistings.com/listing/afton-tn-12-country-meets-city-tiny-house-on-wheels/

I think they should be more discerning but maybe there aren't enough people to pick from, although on THN Facebook page, so many seem to want one to actually live in, retire, etc. It doesn't really matter to me, not my home, but if the show isn't just "reality" and wants to make tiny homes a viable option for some, don't show so many who really don't want them.

The unrealistic way that Crystal whined on the show, I figured they wouldn't last a year in that place.

Same with that couple in San Diego, the chef and the Navy guy.