Type keyword(s) to search

Everything Is Copy: Nora Ephron Scripted & Unscripted

• Start Topic

Profiling multitalented writer Nora Ephron. Friends and family discuss the late Ephron's keen wit, her remarkable body of work—which includes everything from newspaper columns to classic films—and her private battle with leukemia.

Premieres Monday, March 21, at 9 PM ET.

I saw her interviewed on TV (probably on Oprah, years ago), and I remember her being really funny and sharp. I liked her. I think this would be a very interesting documentary to watch. Thanks for the review of it, Sarah!

Oh! This! Every time Carl Bernstein opened his pie hole I snapped, "Then don't fuck around on your pregnant wife, asshole!"

I didn't care for her movies or fiction but I assumed they paid the bills while she wrote her essays, which were the best of the best.

Now I can't wait for the Gloria Vanderbilt doc, premiering in April I think. (She is undead and forever will be.)

I think I've read most of what she's written, and I love her -- her essay about being an intern in the JFK White House is my fave. What a career she had. I can't wait to see this.<br /><br />One of the best Nora moments ever was the speech she made at a televised tribute to Mike Nichols. It was just a few minutes, but it revealed her genius and pure menschiness.<br /><br />Also, shut up, forever, Carl.

First thought while watching this, Can we please stop comparing Lena Dunham to Nora Eprhon?  And then, WTF happened to Meg Ryan's face?!?!

I think if they were to cast the Nora Ephron biopic-- after hearing her read the essay, Gaby Hoffman should be a front runner.

• Love 1

This was excellent.

The funniest person I ever knew, with the sharpest wit, was also mean as a rattlesnake.  I appreciated that the razorblade element of Ephron's humor was duly noted.

If anyone's planning an essay binge, Ephron reads her last two books for the audiobook versions.  I usually don't like authors reading their own work, but her somewhat detached, world-weary voice made these essays feel like a more personal experience.