Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Agree with everything you say about Amber.  She is so bland.

I thought Paige and Brennan were really good together and also wish they wouldn't have broken them up.

Wow, Terese can be really awful.  How about letting Brad be his own man and asking what he wants instead of deciding for him.

That would sure be an interesting pairing, they are so different, but could work.

How dumb are Brad and Terese pouring toxic chemicals into a drink bottle.

What did Lauren have against Bailey spending his money on his education, seems wise to me.  But Bailey was really acting like a brat.

Really Brad, you are making excuses for your stupidity and surprised Susan is upset?  And Terese just minimises the whole thing, but when something concerns one of hers she makes a huge drama out of it.  They're being awful about this.

Edited by Nozycat

I'm glad Carl is OK.  I don't think most people would assume something is water if they haven't filled up the bottle themselves - in fact my 6-year-old niece had a toy where you spray water on fake jewels that turn color.  I thought at first it must not be water and protested when she wanted to spray it onto my tongue.  She went and filled the bottle again at the tap and wanted to spray it on my nephew's tongue and he didn't know what it was and demurred until I assured him it was only water.  Self preservation instincts in which Carl seems lacking!  

If Chris really wanted to have the child with Lucy, he shouldn't have backed off because of Nate, in that most people should realize the odds he'll be with Nate the rest of his life are slim, especially in soap-land, Nate would be like a step-parent, and if he'd met Nate after the kid was already there, would Nate have rejected him solely because he had a child?  Chris seems not quite ready more for that reason.  It's nice Nate gave in though, and they'll always be a little modern family type arrangement with Lucy and the kid and both of them, or whoever Chris is with. 

I'm glad the parents didn't turn out to be a major drama!  If I were Lucy I wouldn't feel too sure of him.  Chris is a nice guy who lets other people's concerns concern him (though at least he was not going to back out over the parents if they objected.)

Wow, they really need to find a better way to hide Eve Morey's baby bump. It just looks ridiculous the way she keeps hiding behind those flowers in the kitchen, especially when everybody else is in the other room and she's randomly standing by herself nowhere near them.

Is it really necessary for Chris and Lucy to list the sports that the baby will play in their contract, before it's even born? I feel like the kid should get a say in that kind of thing...

Sheila and Naomi have been awesome lately.

Yeah addicts can be pretty horrible in their disease.  I thin the actress plays her really well and true to life though.

I was glad when Lauren got stuck into Sheila, Lou and Paige for being so childish.  That was silly I thought that so many people would go somewhere just because there was a good looking bartender if the service was so bad.  Not that I even thought he was that attractive.

Heh can be hard to hide those baby bumps, makes me laugh.

Kat is a real drip - what is her problem?  How can she expect a family to simply take her in?  I wonder if the foster father is harming her in some way.  

Amber is such an idiot.  You just know she is going to change her mind again.  

So Paul had a thing with Sue Parker in the past.  Lol.  

I thought Kat was really mean about her foster parents when they obviously love her a lot.  I didn't get anything about the foster father harming her in some way, just that she felt rejected because they were having their own child.

Naomi and Brennan are fun together.

Heh @ Paul immediately going to suing when the sperm sample didn't work out, he is always out to attack.  And was Lucy carrying it around with her, surely not but it sort of looked like it.

Has no one in Neighbours heard of adoption and fostering?  No one even suggested it.

Edited by Nozycat

Lucy seems to be having exceptionally bad luck.  They need to get out of the cycle of Chris opting out and back in over and over.  Why doesn't she just sleep with some man like normal people do?  Or foster or adopt, as you say?  She could take Kat, lol.  

They need a new young man for Paige as she is a half sister to most of the men.  And putting Amber and Daniel together leaves Imogen and Josh, lol, I thought they'd break up so they could get Amber back with Josh and give Imogen a shot at Daniel.  That might have been interesting.  

Yeah let's just move forward with the Lucy and Chris saga, enough problems for me already.

Wow some friends, leaving Imogen when she was obviously quite drunk.

What on earth was up with the new guys hair?  It looked like a really bad wig and totally ridiculous imo.

Edited by Nozycat

His hair looks like a wig almost.  Love how Mark was underwhelmed to see his brother.  

I thought Lauren did not want her mother's money, so her mother gave it to the children, now she's borrowing the same tainted money, lol.  Except now it's gone.  

Seriously, Matt?  5 minutes after you take out a huge mortgage because of your stupid pride and not wanting to live in your kids' house you ask them for a loan because you can't pay the mortgage?  Too ridiculous for words.

It only went to the kids because of their pride - they could have left it all alone.  Or accepted the house from Lauren's mother to start with.  

In real life, insurance would cover the theft I would think.  Paige was a crime victim - Matt talks as if she's the perpetrator.  

The Federal Deposit Insurance Co.  I figure there must be an Aussie version.  First world country and all that.  But not plot friendly for soap operas.  

The underwear story lol.  It's nice they do some things for comic effect.  Bossy is a smart dog, who can discriminate between types of laundry.  

Carl actor did a great job.  Maybe they had him wear a pair of uncomfortable underwear to help!  

It is clear Georgia will secretly continue to take the Pill.  She has a point about not having their own home yet.  Amber and Daniel wouldn't seem to be able to do it either, though they could if it was a car.  

I don't know about such insurance.

Yeah the underwear story was funny.

I can't get over Tyler's terrible hair, totally takes me out of each scene he is in.

So Bailey and Paige both got taken in by a catfish.  So many people do and often lose a heap of money to boot.

Tyler must have a wig on.  That's what it looks like.  

The US must be more litigious, if we lost money that way we'd be suing the bank.  

I Like Paige not being so superficial and Bryson is a big baby refusing to at least consider it.  

And what a terrible wig.  He's supposed to look like a bad boy with the longer hair but he just looks silly to me.  Surely they could find a better wig than that.

Yeah we're not as litigious as the US.

I thought it was really off that they put a camera in the backyard and didn't tell Georgia and Kyle they had done so in their own home.

Yes and Sheila stay out of the birth control issue for goodness sake.  Though it did get Georgia to confide in Kyle.  Which she needed to have done immediately.  

Therese's brother, what fun.  And he's a truth teller?  Looking forward to his talking to Paul.  At first I thought another guy Paige is related to but then realized, NO, not so.  

Mention of the girl with the two mums who dated Callum.  Her name is escaping me.  Maybe she'll be back.  She's still working for Sonya.  

Ick, already can't stand Terese's brother.  Sometimes a truth teller is just pain rude.

It took me ages to realise Bailey was staring at the alcohol in the fridge, duh me, lol.  I felt sorry for him the way Matt went off at him.

I like Nick, but that's because I usually find the "bad" characters more entertaining. (I also love Paul and Naomi, although I guess Naomi isn't bad anymore.)

I'm also (surprisingly) liking the Sheila/Lou/Harold mix – the Sheila/Lou storylines are now more interesting with Harold there. It's also interesting because Harold has existed since the start of the show and everyone knows him, so I expected him to be kind of boring, but because he's new to Sheila and some of the others, he's still sort of entertaining. Should be interesting when Madge returns – still not sure how exactly they're working that in.

I'm guessing Sonya is away because the actress is having her baby (or was having it when these episodes were filmed)? Bad timing for Bailey since Sonya helped him last time he had alcohol issues. LOL at the sock puppet show though, that was quite random.

Looks like Paige and Tyler will be getting together after all...

Josie, that's her name.  She's gotten a couple mentions, so maybe she is coming back.  

LOL, US immigration law strikes again.  Australians don't need visas.  Nate could have overstayed the allotted time, though.  

Loving Lou, Sheila and Harold.

So Nate is uncomfortable again with the baby?  And are they setting it up for Chris to leave with those comments about wanting to be with the baby all the time?

Lol @ the bake off, that gave me a good chuckle.  And Karl's cravat, good heavens, heh.

I just don't buy Matt behaving like this, it's so way out of character and he is being so stupid imo right from the whole mortgage thing on.  And now he is acting as if it's no big deal and Lauren doesn't have a right to be upset.  And how are they going to pay their mortgage now with no over time?  And she is so right, it's all about his ego.

Madge and Harold are before my time watching Neighbours and I have no idea what she was like then but I think she is awful.

Edited by Nozycat

I think I started watching Neighbours a year or two before Madge died, but obviously that was ages ago, so pretty much the only thing I remember about her is her death scene. I think when she was alive she was worse than she is now (based on behind the scenes videos and articles I've read), but because Harold is missing her, he is forgetting some of her flaws. So it's kind of funny that you think the "good" version of Madge is awful. I'm finding her entertaining. Apparently this is a classic Madge scene (it was before my time, but it was from the time when everyone thought Harold had drowned, which is a well-known storyline):

I don't think Matt's behaviour is out of character considering that when the Turners first joined the show Matt had just done some dodgy cop stuff to cover for Bailey so that only Mason would go to juvie. So it's believable that he would break the rules when under pressure.

I don't know about setting things up for Chris leaving... usually you don't start seeing storylines suggesting that a character is leaving until well after it has been announced that the actor/actress has finished up on the show, and I can't find any articles about James Mason leaving the show. I did find this article about Bailey leaving though, which was news to me: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a632130/neighbours-star-calen-mackenzie-leaves-show-after-two-years.html

Edited by neutron

I am finding Madge so controlling, ugh.  Leave Harold alone.  Now he is uninvited from the wedding.  Thanks for the links.  Lol, that scene - Haaarrrroooold, reminds me of Waaalllttt from Lost.

Ah yes, you are right, I forgot that about Matt.  I find him so bland, as well as Amber.

I have heard something about the Turners but as it's a spoiler and I don't know how true it is I won't post it here.

Brad being the friend Lauren confides in is not the best idea.  

I didn't realize Daniel was 22 and Amber 18.    They seemed the same age.  I predict a break up just because Josh and Imogene are siblings and how else can they have love interests without tons of new characters?  And Paige has to have a Brennan as she is related to everyone else.  

Wherever can they be going on the Georgia/Nick thing?  I don't believe Georgia would do anything.  Nick sure thinks a lot of himself.  

Yeah what is with Lauren and Brad hanging out all the time, surely she can talk to someone else.

Matt has become so awful.  I can't believe he expects Lauren to just be over it like that, it took him ages to forgive her.

I watched the Neighbours special, which I enjoyed.  I used to watch it in the early days before I took a long break and can remember Mrs. Mangel, Anne Haddy and others but for the life of me can't remember Madge.

Amber sure is a dummy.  How could she take from that message than Daniel had gone off with Imogene?  I hope this teaches them both they are too immature yet for marriage.  

Nina sure is tall.  Very pretty also.  

I like having Kyle's mother in principle, but the character herself appears to be quite a jerk.  Why is she coming on to Matt?  

Yeah Amber has never been the brightest bulb.

I am ready for Imogen and Daniel to be saved, enough of them in the well, hopefully it will be soon now.

Kyle's mother is horrible, blech.  And they sure are doing some character assassination on Matt.

I can't stand Nick, couldn't right from the start.

So how will the hit and run accident fit in?  Maybe Matt will admit what he did talking under drugs.  It seems 2 years now they hint the two couples will break up and Brad and Lauren get together.  

The well Thing was good to be over just before it got ridiculous.  Amber and Daniel are still very silly and delusional.  Still getting married.  OK.  Dumb.  

I had been spoiled about what has happened with Matt so knew what was coming.  They sure cleared up quickly who the driver was.  I was expecting Tyler to get charged.

Yeah glad Imogen and Daniel finally got rescued.

Is Nick actually giving Paul chemo?  Wow, he really is evil.

Chris and Nate again on the same issue.  There's no such thing as a "work visa" in the US for an auto mechanic.  Soap opera law strikes again.  

Can't believe they killed off Matt.  Also can hardly believe Bailey didn't tell Alice the minute he saw her.  That's kind of major thing in your life for it not to be the first thing you tell everyone.   

Good thinking, Lucy.  Maybe Chris will just love New York.  Plenty of gay men there, too.  

Obviously chemo would harm a healthy person.  I'm forgetting Nick having any motives for this.  

Love how Chris thinks you can just spend 3 months at a time in different countries with little thought of jobs beyond the magical Lassiters one.

Paul had promised Nick a cancer research centre if he took the job at the hospital but then reneged.  Now Nick is trying to punish him? manipulate him? into changing his mind.

Yes, or weaken him so he can't function, but then what was he going to be doing that this stops him from doing?  It weakens him, so maybe Nick has more room for other machinations.  

I'm feeling bad for Paul now.   Looking forward to this wrapping up and Nick getting caught, for that and for hacking Georgia's Facebook page.  

Paul is already talking about getting the cancer research centre under way after all.  I also hope Nick gets caught soon, I have no interest in people getting away with such horrible stuff.  Hope Terese finds out too.

Loving Bouncer 2, could do with losing some weight though, not good for their joints.

Now I see, he gets Paul to want the cancer research center.   I suppose he intends to get out of it by telling Paul he is cured.  

Bailey is really upset.   Attacking that memorial was quite the fit of rage.  I can see how it would happen though.  

(edited)

I really dislike Bailey when he goes into that self-centred self-pity place although I do understand that deep grief like that can affect people in all sorts of ways and he is very young, but he didn't care about anyone else, just himself.  Glad Lauren could shift him out of it.

I had a friend like Imogen when my mother died, feels like they are making it all about themselves.  I let her know what had happened a while later and she said she already knew but hadn't been in contact with me because she didn't know what to say.  I said I didn't need you to say anything, I just needed you to be my friend.

Seriously?  Another pregnant woman who doesn't know who the father is?  Such a soap trope.

I am loving the bike club, I love it when they do funny stuff like this.

Edited by Nozycat

That Nick person!  Horrible!  Never did I think I'd feel bad for Paul Robinson.  

What was that in the previews of Naomi kissing him?  Missed that one, lol. 

Cannot wait for Nick to be exposed when it comes to what he did to Georgia.  I hope that zip drive exposes him!