Type keyword(s) to search

The Inmates: The Real Convicts

• Start Topic

So speaking of inmate stuff, did all these inmates sign releases?  I'm surprised none of them are blurred.  I'm sure a lot of them thought they'd be famous but you'd think there'd be an inmate or two who didn't want the world to see them in jail.

• Love 1

So speaking of inmate stuff, did all these inmates sign releases?  I'm surprised none of them are blurred.  I'm sure a lot of them thought they'd be famous but you'd think there'd be an inmate or two who didn't want the world to see them in jail.

The ones who were interviewed on camera probably did sign a release. However, in last week's episode, you see the producers asking for a verbal release prior to interviewing a first timer. I wonder if that is all that is necessary. Especially since most of us get filmed all the time anyway IRL...going to the bank, ATM, airport, stores, hospital, gas station. Maybe because they are in jail and its posted up that they are being recorded, there is no expectation of privacy.

They do have a screen shot at the beginning and end of each episode that announces that "All inmates shown are innocent until proven guilty". Maybe this is how they got around that privacy violation.

Edited by Spiderella2
On March 26, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Spiderella2 said:

They do have a screen shot at the beginning and end of each episode that announces that "All inmates shown are innocent until proven guilty". Maybe this is how they got around that privacy violation.

But some of their faces are blurred.  They haven't been convicted yet.  They are in a jail like Rikers Island; they haven't had a trial, so they're still considered innocent.

• Love 1