Type keyword(s) to search

Prison Break Spoilers

Per TVLine:

Prison Break: Mark Feuerstein Cast as

's Husband in Fox Revival

Prison Break has sentenced Mark Feuerstein to a life of <violence and heartache> domestic bliss with Dr. Sara Tancredi.

TVLine has learned that the Royal Pains alum is joining Fox’s forthcoming revival in the recurring role of Scott Ness, the formidable husband of Sarah Wayne Callies’ Dr. Sara. Callies is in talks to return as Sara, but there’s no deal currently in place.

Series stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows in the 9-episode event series, which was greenlit in January.

“The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden recently shared. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”

Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise. Noting how many times the characters have broken out of prison, “It’s not a documentary!” she laughed.

The Fox drama’s original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead, will executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner.

Ugh, does this mean that Michael will have a new love interest too? It's interesting that they cast Sara's husband when it seems they haven't locked down Sarah Wayne Callies yet.

and i thought (*thought - 'tis possible I made it up) that this would take place before the straight to DVD ender. So how is she married AND then marries Michael AND has a baby? don't care - will still watch!

(edited)

Via TVLine:

Prison Break Revival: Augustus Prew, Rick Yune Join Cast
By Michael Ausiello / March 9 2016, 3:30 PM PST

Fox’s nine-episode Prison Break revival has added Augustus Prew (The Borgias) and Rick Yune (Marco Polo) in major recurring roles, TVLine has learned.

Prew will play a character named Whip, who is described as funny, crazy (read: lethal) and pretty damn sharp. Yune, meanwhile, will portray Ja, a Korean identity thief whose disheveled appearance belies his genius.

Series stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows in the event series, which was greenlit in January. The cast also includes Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein, who’s playing the formidable husband of Sarah Wayne Callies’ Dr. Sara Tancredi. (Callies is in talks to return as Sara, but there’s no deal currently in place.)

“The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden recently shared. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”

Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise. Noting how many times the characters have broken out of prison, “It’s not a documentary!” she laughed.

The Fox drama’s original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead, will executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner.

Edited by betsyboo

I still think this revival is an iffy idea, but I'm glad that Sucre will be back.

Also from the latest info, maybe everyone has to break Michael out of a prison? Which would be fine, except that Michael is the Smart One.

THANK. YOU. JEEBUS. FOR. ROBERT. KNEPPER.

Via TVLine:

The Prison population is exploding!

Robert Knepper and Rockmond Dunbar are the latest Prison Break faves to sign up for Fox’s upcoming revival, with the pair reprising their respective roles as jailbirds T-Bag and C-Note. They join previously announced PB vets Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Sarah Wayne Callies and Amaury Nolasco in the 9-episode continuation, which begins filming in Vancouver in April.

In the drama’s new chapter, which picks up after “escape artist” Michael Scofield’s apparent death, Sara Tancredi (Callies) has moved on with her life, raising her and Michael’s child with her new husband (to be played by Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein). But when clues surface suggesting that Michael (Miller) may be alive, Sara teams with his brother Lincoln (Purcell) to engineer the series’ “biggest escape ever,” as three of Fox River State Penitentiary’s most notorious escapees, T-Bag (Knepper), C-Note (Dunbar) and Sucre (Nolasco), are pulled back into the action.

“The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden said. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”

• Love 1

Wow, everyone is coming back...c'mon Mahone! Sign on, already, Fichtner! I'd love to see Sara, Sucre, Linc and Mahone tracking down Michael. Did he really tell no one he was still alive? That will make for some interesting reunions.

• Love 2

I don't want Bill to sign on -- if he does, I'll have to watch, what with him being my TV husband and all. But I really don't care about the re-boot at all.

legit laughed out loud. tee!

Ugh. Can we trade T-Bag for Mahone? I was tired of him since Season 2.

I love T-Bag in season 1 & 2. Season 4 he was like a cartoon character. I'm just pretending season 3 didn't happen at all.

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 2

I'm easy. I'm too damn happy we're getting new episodes to care about all the details just now. Though it gives me great hope that one of the writers mentioned they're going back to the original formula of seasons 1 and 2. That was the show at its best.

Still hoping for an appearance by Gretchen and Mahone but pretty damn happy everyone else is back.

• Love 2

I'm easy. I'm too damn happy we're getting new episodes to care about all the details just now. 

Me too. I'm really looking forward to this !!  

I'm so happy T-Bag will be back, and I would love to see Alex as well.

• Love 1

From EW:

What the heck do you mean Michael is a terrorist on Prison Break?! — Jenny

You’ll have to pick up the Comic-Con issue of Entertainment Weekly (buy it here or subscribe now) for more on that front, but I’ll give you this little tease: Michael’s been branded a terrorist with ties to ISIS, but ISIS isn’t the show’s only big bad, per se. In keeping with the Odyssey theme, Michael too will run afoul of a Cyclops and Poseidon.

New pic and info at EW:

On Fox’s upcoming revival, Michael has a new set of tats on his lower arms that play a key role in the Odyssey-inspired tale which finds the former inmate desperate to get home to his family. But before he can reunite with his brother Lincoln, wife Sara, and son Mike, Michael must escape a Yemeni prison.

“The tattoos are functional in a different way,” Miller says of his latest ink. “It’s less of a blueprint. They serve a very specific purpose.”

Comic Con reports:
TV Line:

Purcell, Miller and co-stars Sarah Wayne Callies and Robert Knepper joined producer Vaun Wilmott on Fox’s Action Showcase panel; they shared the event with 24: Legacy stars Corey Hawkins, Miranda Otto, Jimmy Smits and producers Howard Gordon, Evan Katz and Manny Coto.

Variety, with a new clip,

Deadline, with comments from Purcell about his injuries.

Probably not a spoiler, but I'm so disappointed that it seems like Mahone won't be part of this. I could have totally seen him as the one person who knew Michael was still alive. But I guess it's good that the TPTB won't have a chance to kill him off and he can just keep on living the good life with Lang :)

So glad Dom is OK....that looked nasty.

• Love 3
On 12/27/2016 at 11:32 AM, theOAfc said:

Seems like the spoilers thread here is very quiet.  Cant wait for it to be fillef with spoilers once the show comes back. Btw does anyone know if there's a release date so far?

April 4th!  See the Media thread, where Trini is keeping us all updated  :)

First two episode descriptions:

It's been seven years since MICHAEL SCOFIELD (Wentworth Miller) was presumed dead, but when clues suggest that he might still be alive, LINCOLN BURROWS (Dominic Purcell) reunites with SARA TANCREDI (Sarah Wayne Callies) to help track down the truth. The path leads Lincoln to Yemen, as SUCRE (Amaury Nolasco), T-BAG (Robert Knepper) and C-NOTE (Rockmond Dunbar) are pulled back into the action to engineer the series' biggest escape ever in the all-new "Ogygia" event series premiere episode of PRISON BREAK airing Tuesday, April 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), on FOX. (PB-501) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield, Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows, Sarah Wayne Callies as Sara Tancredi, Mark Feuerstein as Jacob Ness, Amaury Nolasco as Sucre, Robert Knepper as T-Bag, Rockmond Dunbar as C-Note, Paul Adelstein as Paul Kellerman, Augustus Prew as Whip, Rick Yune as Ja, Inbar Lavi as Sheba

As Lincoln and C-Note search for the "Sheik of Light," Michael and his cellmate, Whip, attempt an escape from Ogygia. Meanwhile, Sara's investigation into Michael's reappearance leads her to the state department and an uneasy reunion with Paul Kellerman in the all-new "Kaniel Outis" episode of PRISON BREAK airing Tuesday, April 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PB-502) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield, Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows, Sarah Wayne Callies as Sara Tancredi, Mark Feuerstein as Jacob Ness, Amaury Nolasco as Sucre, Robert Knepper as T-Bag, Rockmond Dunbar as C-Note, Paul Adelstein as Paul Kellerman, Augustus Prew as Whip, Rick Yune as Ja, Inbar Lavi as Sheba

Guest Cast: Numan Acar as Abu Ramal, Amin El Gamal as Cyclops, Kunal Sharma as Sid, Steve Mouzakis as Van Gogh, Marina Bendict as A&W, Crystal Balint as Heather, Michael Benyaer as Zakat, Christian Michael Cooper as Mike Scofield

Ugh. I wish they had set it 10 years after the show, this just screws up the already screwed up timeline.

Prison Break Revival Sneak Peek: Who Dares Call Lincoln a 'Snowflake'...?!

TVLine: By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 30 2017, 11:12 AM PDT

Lincoln Burrows is on a mission, to find and retrieve his long-“dead” brother Michael, in this exclusive sneak peek from Fox’s Prison Break revival. But who will join him on this dangerous lark?

Picking up seven years after the original series ended, the new, nine-episode Prison Break season (premiering Tuesday, April 4 at 9/8c) quickly suggests that Michael (played by Wentworth Miller) is in fact alive, having somehow survived the events of the Season 4 finale (as well as, you know, his brain tumor).

His curiosity sufficiently piqued, Lincoln (Legends of Tomorrow‘s Dominic Purcell) is making tracks for Yemen, where Michael is seemingly imprisoned, as fellow Fox River alum Sucre (Amaury Nolasco) lobbies to tag along.

How passionately does Sucre argue his case? And what ominous news does C-Note (Rockmond Dunbar) arrive on the scene to share? Press PLAY to get a first look at the latest break.