Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Major Arcana

I liked Jace and Clary in this episode, they're growing on me. Also liked Izzy and Alec, and that it appears they are finally moving along Simon's transition into a vampire.

I'm glad they have the mortal cup now, although I don't know how that's going to help them find Clary's mum. Are they actually going to propose a trade? 

Where were the Lightwood parents? Or Hodge? In that scene where Jace is putting the institute on alert to go find Clary I kept thinking one of those people should be there!

Kat is playing Clary as too confident and knowing. A lot of her line delivery is way too cocky for someone who has just been thrown into a world she didn't even know existed. She's coming off as a newbie know-it-all, and it's absolutely in the line delivery choices she's making. And it's annoying. It reminds me of the new nurses at work who try to tell me the "right" way to do things when they are still wet behind the ears. There's nothing wrong with it, but watch your tone!

I, too, find Alec and Isabelle way more interesting than Jace and Clary, but that's because Clary is the weakest point in the show. Jace with Simon is more interesting than Jace with Clary.

In the books, I loved Jace and Clary. Here? I'm hoping Jace will find someone more compelling to hook up,with. I felt nothing for the long awaited kiss. No heat, nothing. The chemistry and buildup to it was just non-existent. By contrast, in the film version that scene in the greenhouse with Jace and Clary had chemistry oozing out of it.

• Love 1

I think one of the show's problem is that they don't allow for many quiet moments. Everyone says their lines, sometimes good emotional lines, but then they don't allow time for the other characters to really react to them.

Apparently my attention keeps wavering while watching. I could have sworn there was something big up with Alec and his parents' plans for him to redeem the family honor. I was eager to see what but I must have missed it. Kind of sad that Simon's effort to get expert help was trashed by everybody's disdain for him. I was wondering why the Shadowhunters are so keen on shadowhunting since they despise mundanes. Isn't protecting mundanes the whole point? 

• Love 1

Apparently my attention keeps wavering while watching. I could have sworn there was something big up with Alec and his parents' plans for him to redeem the family honor. I was eager to see what but I must have missed it. Kind of sad that Simon's effort to get expert help was trashed by everybody's disdain for him. I was wondering why the Shadowhunters are so keen on shadowhunting since they despise mundanes. Isn't protecting mundanes the whole point? 

They sure seem to despise mundanes. I think it's supposed to be more that they think they're better than mundanes, because mundanes are almost like pets or cattle they have to shepherd, but on the show I think it's coming off as despising because the only mundane we actually see them interact with is Simon and their issues with him stem more from his relationship with Clary, I think.  But yeah, Alec comes off as particularly disdainful of mundanes.  

I'm a little concerned that there's not more action in these forums. I've noticed over the years that if a show is going to be successful and have any staying power, you can tell because of the activity level in the forums.  This does not bode well.  Bummer, because I was really hoping this would last. It's a world I'd love to see explored, but nobody can seem to get it quite right.