Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Plan B

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Weevil believes that Thumper killed Felix and he asks Veronica to help him prove it. While Logan wins an essay contest and gets to intern for a week with Mayor Woody Goodman, Keith examines a video that was taken, apparently by a stalker, inside of Woody's house. Also, Wallace goes to the school's Sadie Hawkins dance with Jane, and Mac asks Veronica for advice on how to improve her less-than-romantic relationship with Beaver."

For some reason I really get a kick out of Logan plagiarizing his essay from Easy Rider and Veronica not turning him in for it.

Man, Wallace is really taking a bit of a heel turn in this one. I mean I get it, he still has a thing for Jackie but he really does not handle himself well in this one.

Yeah, I never completely understood the way Wallace acts in this one.  I get that he's a teenager and teenagers do dumb things, but there's something about his behavior at the dance that feels slightly forced.  It's inauthentic, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I love that Jackie takes Charlie to the dance, but there's something that happens there I've never fully understood, probably because it's never really talk about: at the start, Charlie's mom seems thrilled that Jackie has taken him to the dance, but near the end, she walks up to them in full bitch-face and is like, "It's time for Charlie to go home now."   She seems really put out about it.  Are we to believe that she's been listening to idle gossip about who Jackie is/who her father is, and now she's pissed?  Or is it something else?

• Love 1

I didn't get the part with Charlie's mom either. I thought maybe I had missed something but since you also feel like it was an odd reaction I'm going to assume that maybe some exposition was cut for time.

• Love 2

Logan loves Easy Rider: he made Hannah watch it too. I really liked him doing the sizzle noise when he touched the Bible and stuff.

Woody: not the most convincing liar.

Poor Thumper. Logan (sort of, unknowingly) gets revenge for the framing and so on, I guess..

And yeah, having Charlie's mom overhear something about Jackie would make more sense there. I interpreted it as just her being a weird overbearing mom, but that doesn't entirely track.

Edited by Dougal
  • Love 2

Oh, so Thumper was where I thought he was.  Wow, that's harsh.  I wonder how Weevil's going to feel when he finds out about it, though I'm assuming he figured out the end result, if not the actual means.  And Veronica had the means to do everything right too.

Agreed with others that I didn't understand Charlie's mom's reaction, but it does make sense if they cut some scene where the mom overhears someone saying something cruel about Jackie's reputation. 

So what is it that Woody is getting blackmailed for?  I did love Logan's method of getting a parking space from Lamb, hahaha.  And really, a Journalism teacher isn't going to recognize a pretty obviously plagarized speech from a famous movie?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2014 at 0:21 PM, clemmyb said:

I love that Jackie takes Charlie to the dance, but there's something that happens there I've never fully understood, probably because it's never really talk about: at the start, Charlie's mom seems thrilled that Jackie has taken him to the dance, but near the end, she walks up to them in full bitch-face and is like, "It's time for Charlie to go home now."   She seems really put out about it.  Are we to believe that she's been listening to idle gossip about who Jackie is/who her father is, and now she's pissed?  Or is it something else?

It tracked for me, Mom is really possessive. But perhaps you're right.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 2:46 PM, Hanahope said:

And really, a Journalism teacher isn't going to recognize a pretty obviously plagarized speech from a famous movie?

That is odd, so I think it is up in the air whether it was plagiarized or if that was just his opening salvo and Veronica was being snarky about it. It could even have been acknowledged in the bibliography.