Type keyword(s) to search

Your favorite Villalobos dog

I was curious:

Many endearing dogs have come & gone thru the doors of VRC, but is there one in particular you felt a special connection to?

I've felt the "aww" factor for many of the dogs, but the one that I always melt over ( yes I go back & rewatch episodes LOL) was the white boxer/pit mix "Artimes" (not sure how to spell her name)

She's the one that was dumped near that swampy are where Tia said other dogs had been cruelty dumped as well. She obviously had a litter of pups very recently prior to Tia rescuing her. Artemis broke my heart when she so willingly walked to Tia's vehicle & seemed to say "Please. I'm just so exhausted, let me just plop into a crate". And The way Tia talked to her & promised to care for her was so sweet. Then remember the family that adopted her & returned her saying she seemed "SAD"? Wtf?!?! I was so relieved at the end of that episode that they stated a couple had adopted Artemis & that she was loved & adored.

• Love 4

Y'all know my love for Brandi with an i.

And Artemis really got to me, too -- the look on her face when she got into that crate in the van and plopped down.  The exhaustion and relief were so evident she may as well have been wearing a flashing neon sign.  This was a dog who didn't know who Tia was or where they were going, but knew without a doubt she was on her way to something better after being used up and tossed away.  It was palpable.  Very affecting. 

• Love 4

My favorites were Cheech and Chong. Its sad that they didn't get to be adopted and grow old together, however, I have no doubt that both Cheech and Chong felt loved at VRC and their time with the boys at the swamp house was special to them. Chong's forever home seemed perfect for him.

• Love 3

Creature.  The one with the face only a mother could love.  I thought he was a perfectly handsome fellow and I'm glad he was finally able to get a home after being passed up so many times and two potential adoptions fell through.  The owner had a facebook page for him but the last posting was in 2013.  I wonder how Creature is doing.

Favorite adoption story:  Rita and Charlie Brown.  They were so perfect for each other.  I'd love to see a spinoff show of The Adventures of Rita and Charlie Brown.  I was glad to see Rita donated a wooden fence segment for the new dog enclosure the kids started building for Tia.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 3

Yeah, seeing Rita and Charlie Brown's names on the fence made me smile, because they are such a perfect match.  Charlie Brown is just adorable, and I love all of Mariah's nicknames for the little butterball.

Creature has a memorable face, doesn't he?  I wonder how his eyesight is these days.

Cheech and Chong make me a little weepy just to think about; what a bond.  That photo of them hugging each other in the shelter is imprinted in my mind.  As is the footage of Tia not being able to get the words "Cheech has cancer" out without crying, and the devastation in her face and voice as she worried that Chong won't make it without him.  Her dropping to her knees when she got the call that Cheech had died.  Chong whimpering as they released Cheech's ashes.  And then finally, Chong putting his paw up on Tia's arm to say goodbye and thank you as he headed off with his new family.  I don't think I'll ever forget them.

• Love 3

Cheech and Chong make me a little weepy just to think about; what a bond.  That photo of them hugging each other in the shelter is imprinted in my mind.  As is the footage of Tia not being able to get the words "Cheech has cancer" out without crying, and the devastation in her face and voice as she worried that Chong won't make it without him.  Her dropping to her knees when she got the call that Cheech had died.  Chong whimpering as they released Cheech's ashes.  And then finally, Chong putting his paw up on Tia's arm to say goodbye and thank you as he headed off with his new family.  I don't think I'll ever forget them.

Tears are flowing now !  Cheech and Chong = an incredible story of brotherly love.  I'll never forget either.

I'd love to see a spinoff show of The Adventures of Rita and Charlie Brown.

Someone, quickly ! Contact Animal Planet and get this show underway!  I'd SO watch that.

• Love 2

Roxy Mama's reunion with her owner, and transformation from snarling, detached mess to loving bundle with a repertoire of tricks, is one of the most jaw-dropping things I've seen. 

Seeing Alabama briefly again tonight (when the new parolee was giving the tour) reminded me he (?) is a dog I'd love to know more about.  I haven't seen all the episodes, so maybe we got the backstory and I just haven't seen it, but from the glimpses in those I have seen of this high-spirited ball of energy with the adorable face and the sensitive stomach, I am enamored.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

Aww, sad news - Cheech died last week.  I don't believe there's any sort of life after death, but if there is and Cheech and Chong are hugging each other once again, that would be fantastic. 

So much love for each other and to give; I can't fathom anything but a purely joyous reunion. 

• Love 3

I remember Pierre the poodle, and when one of the daughters said that he was ruining her street cred. The other dog I liked was the German Shepard who immediately bonded with the man who wanted to adopt a GS.

• Love 3