Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Amplification

ahisma

That was kind of awesome. In a slow-mo, over-the-top melodramatic, Teen Wolf way.

I kind of wish that Parrish had just walked in and killed Theo though. That would have been more awesome.

Edited to ask: Is it just me or did Sprayberry age three years between these episodes?

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 3

I liked this episode more than the previous few, and I have high hopes for next week, knowing that everyone's storylines are finally converging at the Eichen House lockdown.

Seeing Scott, Liam and Stiles together was pretty great, we hadn't seen that in a while. Malia and Kira together were also cool.

I really want to see Parrish vs Theo, but the chimeras will probably get in the way of a proper showdown, which is too bad.

And I can't wait for Lydia to leave Eichen House and reunite with the rest of the pack. 

• Love 1

Yes, I love a heist! But, oh boy, did this one go off the rails.

​Love Stiles and his dad trying to manage the cops' Beast chase via radio. "Ignore the report of the man on fire."

​The Beast takes elevators, huh? That poor hospital has to have sky-high insurance rates at this point.

​Where does one one buy fireproof skivvies? Jordan obviously does some very specialty shopping these days.

​I loved seeing the the show actually addressing some of the details that are usually glossed over, like Stiles and his dad talking through the legal options for getting Lydia free.

​Deaton's prediction that Lydia's scream would take out the people around her made me think, "Valack? The abusive orderlies? Not a bad thing." I would feel bad about Nelson, meds boy, and the rest of the patients, though.

​I liked seeing a few less usual match ups, like Sheriff and Natalie, and Kira and Malia.

​I'm disappointed in Corey being an obedient little Theo beta. Theo was smart to leave Hayden behind, though.

​Duke, as usual, is over-melodramatic. "Let me free and I'll tell you about the claws. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll monologue about them just to hear the sound of my own voice." Of course we all want Theo to put them on, now!

​Natalie has been pissing me off this season, but I am still very nervous for her being at Eichen right now.

​Damn, that was an abrupt ending!

• Love 1

That was pretty good, but once again the dramatic tension was ruined because we already knew that Theo's group would get there first because of the damn flash-forward.  At least we're past all that and can move into unknown territory.

I liked Scott's Alpha Roar and subsequent curb-stomping of the guards. 

As soon as Lydia's mom saw the blood at Eichen House, why didn't she call the cops?

​Duke, as usual, is over-melodramatic. "Let me free and I'll tell you about the claws. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll monologue about them just to hear the sound of my own voice." Of course we all want Theo to put them on, now!

I'm sure Mary Sue Theo already knows this and has a work-around, or is actually plotting something else with the talons. 

​Where does one one buy fireproof skivvies? Jordan obviously does some very specialty shopping these days.

Wherever it is, let's drive them out of business already. This is almost as Victorians covering piano legs. It's 2016. Speedos exist. Use 'em. May I add, Parrish was absolutely wasted by the writing staff this week. In four episodes, he got a couple of minutes of backstory and plot development. Plus not an Argent in sight.

Forgot to say this episode strongly implied that Melissa McCall is the Beast.

The beast jumped onto the road headed away from a murder spree downtown when we cut to Melissa at the Hospital. She's not the beast. Mason on the other hand was conveniently absent all show.

• Love 1

Wow. This was 44 minutes of almost nothing new happening. Also, putting aside that I really want to see Scott do something more with his alpha-ness than get beat up and and go just wolfy enough at the last minute to not lose, I can't have been the only one thinking "you don't need to literally break the door down, morons. Use those claws to cut a hole in the middle of the door made of wire."

Best part of the episode though was Stilinski's straight-up, without missing a beat "undeniable proof of the supernatural" comment to Natalie.

• Love 1

I can't have been the only one thinking "you don't need to literally break the door down, morons. Use those claws to cut a hole in the middle of the door made of wire."

I wanted Stiles to whip out some mad lock-picking skills, but is that fanon, not canon? I can't imagine he doesn't have them. The writers, though, really wanted to even things up between Scott and Liam again with some good old violent male bonding. Too bad Melissa didn't get to see it; she probably would have appreciated it!

• Love 3

They actually pulled off an almost enjoyable episode. Heist movies are always fun, so I’ll forgive them the minor cheesy bits and the terrible tail end of the episode. The McCalls gave the Stilinskis a run for their money for best scene but I'm still going with Stiles and his dad talking over the radio.

I have questions: how big is the hospital because that was one impressive evacuation. But with Melissa single-handedly doing all the work in that place, those few patients we saw were probably it. Also: how come we see several close-up of drivers determinately turning the wheel and yet they continue to drive in a straight line? But the real question is: how did Valek become a doctor in the same facility he escaped from? I'm serious: did I miss something?

how did Valek become a doctor in the same facility he escaped from? I'm serious: did I miss something?

My take: He used to be a doctor there, and was doing experiments on supes. Then he experimented on himself and gave himself the Third Eye of Doom and they locked him up. Now that he isn't making people comatose anymore, he's back on staff. (I think he still has powers, though. I think he may be "glamoring" people: to hide the hole in his forehead, convince Natalie to commit Lydia, making Lydia think she saw Aiden, etc. )