Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Featurette On Season 2 Of Outlander

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

Oh . . . I am just getting so excited! It's Golden Globes day and our show is nominated, the April release of Season 2 has been confirmed, and we have two (TWO!) beautiful trailers to obsess over. I'll admit I did not watch this one a second time right away because all the arguing between Jamie and Claire bothered me ("Mommy and Daddy are fighting!) I've read the books and it is not hard for me to figure out the context, so I'm not really bothered. But I think it's curious that this trailer sought to focus on the conflicts in their relationship. Well that and the GORGEOUS costumes and sets.

Why not?

Nothing very original, I'm afraid. Matt echoed my feelings in his stories covering episodes 15/16 ("Want to know the exact moment Matt Debenham decided to toss Outlander out of his life?"). Mostly I found Jamie to be a callow and uninteresting character, so his romance with Claire wasn't nearly enough to provide a counterbalance to the scenes of people being threatened, raped, maimed or otherwise brutalized.

It's killing me that they're not showing us 

young Fergus. I want a sneak peek of one interaction between him and Jamie.

Was that him hugging Claire in the trailer? It looks a little small to be Jamie. I know what you mean, I want to see Fergus too!

It's killing me that they're not showing us 

young Fergus. I want a sneak peek of one interaction between him and Jamie.

Was that him hugging Claire in the trailer? It looks a little small to be Jamie. I know what you mean, I want to see Fergus too!

I think it's Mary Hawkins.