Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast of Baskets

Never heard of the woman who plays Martha before this, but she's really great.

I am going to watch some of her standup.

This is the first time I've ever seen her, too - and I love her.   I didn't know she does standup?!  Thanks for posting this - I'd like to try to catch some of it, too.

• Love 2

This is the first time I've ever seen her, too - and I love her.   I didn't know she does standup?!  Thanks for posting this - I'd like to try to catch some of it, too.

I could only find a few clips on youtube.  One or two really funny, a few that were ok.  I can't imagine she is a big stand-up presence.  Zach must have seen her and really liked her.  I can see how she is very much his style.  As a side note - I wish Tig Notaro was on this, since she is buddies with Zach and Louie.  But thank the lord, she has her own show (caught the pilot), which I believe was picked up by Amazon.

I love Tig Notaro. Great to hear that she has her own show, I'll look for it.

Sorry to bother you... but I just had to tell you... that I love your voice.

Her Taylor Dane bit is so amazing. The show is called One Mississippi and there was a pilot on Amazon which was so funny- they got a pickup for the season!

I really love when stand ups make it big and kind of pull up other stand ups with them. Like how Zach put Martha Kelly on this show, how cool.

I swear I know the woman who played Martha's mother. Anyone know how I know her?

Edited by heatherchandler

Sorry to bother you... but I just had to tell you... that I love your voice.

Her Taylor Dane bit is so amazing. The show is called One Mississippi and there was a pilot on Amazon which was so funny- they got a pickup for the season!

I really love when stand ups make it big and kind of pull up other stand ups with them. Like how Zach put Martha Kelly on this show, how cool.

I swear I know the woman who played Martha's mother. Anyone know how I know her?

I just watched that bit and it was great.  I'm usually already laughing, but if I'm not at the time, I laugh every time she does.  Her version of a shit-eatin' grin will always crack me up.  

I agree - it's awesome that Zach brought Martha Kelly with him.  Everybody wins!  Each new episode reaffirms to me that there just is no other Martha - it had to be her.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 1

In case anyone's not watching American Gods, Martha was in the second episode. Not sure if she's a recurring character or not (too lazy to check IMDB) but when she came on screen, I yelped, "Martha!" 

Glad to see she's getting more work. :)