Type keyword(s) to search

Decenber 23, 2015 - I didn't hear Noah say.......

Did I really hear Noah say  

"many people tell me that I'm a genius, a renaissance man of our time.  I think I am, I think I'm a modern DaVinci"

DaVinci was smart, but he never wrote childish poetry in childish handwriting, walked with a cane, made a faucet from a spoon or a smoker from a file cabinet.

The kid is selling himself short.

• Love 2

From the December 30 episode:

Of course, I have the creative spirit that makes it possible for me to take trash and turn it into something ingenious.

And:

I'm not Einstein; Einstein's dead. I'm not Tesla; he's dead too. Me? I'm Noah Brown. Everyone will know my name.

This kid is like the walking caricature of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Edited by mmmsoap
  • Love 2

The spoon/ladle on the faucet was just cover so you couldn't see the actual faucet end on it. The showed a faucet with no end, to make it look like it came from the junkyard, then Noah attached a label to it. However, when he turned on the water, the water came out straight down, which it wouldn't have if it was hitting the ladle. The ladle would direct it down, but not in such a direct, linear fashion. 

Just more producer shenanigans to cover up the fact that this is a modern building, constructed up to code, rather than the bush log cabin that they pretend it is.

• Love 3

Don't forget all the electrical outlets in that "bush" house.  That kitchen looked to have more than mine.

Or the cell phones clipped to their belts.

Makes me wonder what they put in the house to lure the bear in?

I'm a litle impressed by that relay that Noah built.  But I think if he had an education that included Ohm's law, he could have accomplished the same thing much easier.

A relay out of old pop bottles is kind of cool, but I think Tesla and Einstein were accomplishing more at that age than making junk from junk.

DaVinci was smart, but he never wrote childish poetry in childish handwriting, walked with a cane, made a faucet from a spoon or a smoker from a file cabinet.

Of course he did..that stuff is in Leonardo's lost sketch books, the ones Noah found while dumpster diving. They're soul mates, dontc'ha know.

• Love 2

I also believe I saw an outside light hanging near the top of Noah's little abode.

With all of his little experiments going on (not to mention all the insects/critters he collects and mounts), he to me is the prime suspect to be Alaska's next serial killer. 

There seems to be a bit something off about each of them.  But when they show those scenes of Noah inside his place, it really gives me the creeps.

With all of his little experiments going on (not to mention all the insects/critters he collects and mounts), he to me is the prime suspect to be Alaska's next serial killer.

But all of his "experiments" involve putting dead (or sometimes alive) things in a jar. There's no...doing involved. He doesn't "test" anything to learn things. He didn't dissect the bat, he just keeps it so he can be "science-y".

I think he would totally become a serial killer, if he could figure out a way that wouldn't violate a Commandment. I believe that he is pretty devout to whatever crazy version of Christianity that Billy has indoctrinated the family into. 

I believe that he is pretty devout to whatever crazy version of Christianity that Billy has indoctrinated the family into.

Which is something which actually fascinates me. I'm not knocking anyone's religion but I would be interested in hearing how they jibe their beliefs with scamming people, stealing from the state government, essentially lying to the viewing public about themselves and so on...not being contrary or argumentative here; I'd really like to hear that. I wonder how the good lord feels about that....the Lord helps those who help themselves?

Which is something which actually fascinates me. I'm not knocking anyone's religion but I would be interested in hearing how they jibe their beliefs with scamming people, stealing from the state government, essentially lying to the viewing public about themselves and so on...not being contrary or argumentative here; I'd really like to hear that. I wonder how the good lord feels about that....the Lord helps those who help themselves?

Hmm.  Their last name is Brown.  Same as Kody and his clan in Las Vegas.  Same MO.  Interesting.

Sorry - just woke up from a winter nap and saw your question, Beden.  

Didn't mean to be obscure.  As Rock knocker has said, Kody Brown is the patriarch of the Sister Wives "reality" show.  They are dysfunctional polygamists who were (according to them) being persecuted in Utah, so they fled to Las Vegas.  Your statement above describes their known history:

- scamming people

- stealing from the state government

- essentially lying to the viewing public about themselves and so on

At least Billy Brown doesn't complain about the trials of a life that involves keeping four wives happy, with a bunch of kids in college and a new baby due any minute.  (BTW, on the "happy wives" count, it appears Kody's at 1 out of 4.)

But now . . . back to Alaska!

(I hope to visit Hoonah this summer.  You can bet that I'll be asking the locals if they know anything about THESE Browns.)

Didn't mean to be obscure.  As Rock knocker has said, Kody Brown is the patriarch of the Sister Wives "reality" show.  They are dysfunctional polygamists who were (according to them) being persecuted in Utah, so they fled to Las Vegas.  Your statement above describes their known history:

- scamming people

- stealing from the state government

- essentially lying to the viewing public about themselves and so on

Ah, now I get it and thanks. Never watched that particular show but actually had a few old high school fellow students who decamped to Utah and fundamentalist Mormonism/polygamy and sound like they could be the same family (though they aren't). Whatever floats your boat but scamming/lying/theft aren't cool in my book.

(I hope to visit Hoonah this summer.  You can bet that I'll be asking the locals if they know anything about THESE Browns.)

Okay, now you have me jealous. Hoonah actually looks like a nice little town and while I'm sure the locals were happy about the new income and job sources with the show, I suspect they'll also be happy to see the backs of the Browns. And, yes--please--let us know all!

On 1/2/2016 at 9:26 AM, brgjoe said:

With all of his little experiments going on (not to mention all the insects/critters he collects and mounts)

I just happened to be in the perfect mood to where that could be taken two ways.

"I was just helping that rabbit over the fence!"