Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Shades of Grey

So the murder to open the episode really had nothing to do with the case of the week -- it was just a byproduct of the ATM hacker not understanding human nature in the matter of cash free for alls.

Yarr !! There be whales in these cyber-waters.  Whaling Attack is the cyberword of the week -- and it is quickly forgotten after being mentioned oh so briefly.

Raven's ex-boyfriend hacked her phone by using her headphones as antenna to receive commands sent by some mysterious radio frequency.  Wow, that is stupid.

And it turns out Raven's ex-boyfriend is one of two hackers doing this episode.  And they both get caught easy peasy.

Avery screws over Raven at her probation hearing -- and now Raven will have to work for the CSI: Cyber team for two more years.  And big surprise, Raven's a little disgruntled about that.

Mundo family drama -- no one cares.

What was the deal with DB's tiny programmable robots ?  They were introduced and never mentioned again.

• Love 1

My DVR did the same thing (I also add an extra hour at the end, but only about 4 minutes at the beginning of the recording time).  The first scene I saw was DB playing with the 'world's smallest robots'.  When I realized that I had only caught about half of the episode, I deleted it without watching any.  (And my DVR guide kept insisting that I was watching 'Madame Secretary'.)

My DVR started the show in the middle somewhere.  I added time to the end for football, but never thought they would start early.  Anyone else?

Yes. Well, not a DVR, but the zap2it schedule and the over-the-air-to-my-tv schedule showed it starting at 9:30, so I turned it on at 9:28.

I did not seem to have missed anything significant in the first half hour.

My DVR started the show in the middle somewhere.  I added time to the end for football, but never thought they would start early.  Anyone else?

I'm in Arizona time zone. The DVR showed Madam Secretary but seemingly recorded CSI. Haven't had time to watch, but something was certainly squirreled last night. I usually also record the 10 PM news in case of overruns earlier.

Last Sunday's episode was, if I remember, one postponed from earlier. DirecTV's DVR didn't catch it as a new ep, but I noticed it in the program description and flagged to record. CBS has pulled some odd moves this fall!

Avery screws over Raven at her probation hearing -- and now Raven will have to work for the CSI: Cyber team for two more years.  And big surprise, Raven's a little disgruntled about that.

Avery is pretty arbitrary, isn't she?  Her "feelings" tell her Raven needs more time, because she didn't tell them she bumped into her ex on the street, so her judgment is questionable.  Unlike, say, Mundo's when he put the beatdown on all sorts of people because he was sad about his dad.  Or, say, Bow Wow's, when he did whatever dumb thing he did to try to deal with his hacker friends, or logged in to look up crap about his brother.  Or, you know, Krummy and his battle bots and his murdering sister.  But at least Avery feels bad about it... 

I admit to wrapping presents during this and not paying the most attention, but the Mundo Family Drama Hour is way boring and they aren't managing to make it any less boring over time.

• Love 2

Question... How come DB basically sits in the office all the time. If I'm not mistaken, there have been crime scenes with blood, guts, etc and he's nowhere to be found. I don't get the point of him coming over from CSI just to sit around and be Avery's BFF in office.

Question... How come DB basically sits in the office all the time. If I'm not mistaken, there have been crime scenes with blood, guts, etc and he's nowhere to be found. I don't get the point of him coming over from CSI just to sit around and be Avery's BFF in office.

DB has occasionally got out of CTOC in DC -- I think he was in Chicago in one episode, and there was another that he went down south with the team to Georgia or Florida or some place.