Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Cherry Blossoms

My theory is that since they're all in Germany speaking German there is no need for a German accent, since they wouldn't hear it among themselves. When and if Rose ever opens her mouth, she'll probably have a German accent in America.

• Love 2

It takes someone like Rita to make the Pfeffermans look fairly reasonable.

Loved seeing Annie Mumolo (who I last saw on About a Boy) in this episode.

Part of me always feels bad for moms who don't fit in with the other moms at school, but I could not believe how clueless Sarah was. Did she really think that she could dump Tammi at their wedding and Barb and the other moms at school would act like nothing happened?

While I get being nosy, I could not believe that Sarah went through Melanie's bag and then stuck her fingers in her eye shadow. Blech. Keep your fingers out of my makeup, people! Heh, I hate selling raffle tickets and other fundraising crap so I was with her exasperation at being forced to strap on that bucket and walk around trying to sell them to a bunch of people who didn't want to talk to her anyway. And I did use her tactic once in high school when we were selling candy bars. I ended up just buying the last bit from the box I was supposed to sell because I was just tired of carrying the damn thing around and begging people to buy it.

Just watched this episode...

I thought the scene with Maura at the bar with Sonya Walger's character was very powerful. Maura has been enjoying her transition but it has been, for the most part, limited to others like herself and her family. Her attempt to socialize at the bar was met with a cold shoulder and maybe the realization that while she is happy with the changes going on in her life, the outside world may not be as accepting and enthused. I am sure this has to be one of the most difficult challenges that will face her and others.

This show is wonderfully written and acted and edcuational for those of us who are not part of that world.

Kudos to Soloway for bringing this to us.

Edited by Dminches