Type keyword(s) to search

What would you want to see on Season 2? (Wishing and Speculation Only)

I was thinking today about the possibility of new couples and what I would want to see. There are plenty of opportunities for marriages that are more of an arranged marriage than two of the couple on S1.

My Wish List

- A fundamentalist evangelical couple that did the "courting" routine a la the Duggars.

- an arranged marriage where one spouse is from another country.

Any other thoughts?

• Love 1

I think arranged mariages are pretty rare in this country.  Probably the reason two of the three featured were not arranged in the truest sense of the word.  I guess overseas arrangements still occur... but then the problem would be language for the TV produces, probably.

Maybe more Romai couples could be found.

• Love 1

It seems like the family members of Christian & Maria....from the counsel session....Archie Mitchel, last name of Yanho....there is nothing on google about any of them so I think all of the names used on the show are not true....and as Roma gypsyies, I get it....it just seems not authentic.

However, of all of the couples...i'd love to see a Christian/Maria/Nina/Michael spinoff.....they made the show interesting and well, they are great for tv :)

• Love 1

Yeah, without the Roma couple there was no show.   Christian and Maria's second act and maybe a new Roma couple to follow (maybe Christian's brother) would be cool.  No more fake "arranged" marriages were people have been living together or dating for years.

• Love 1

It seems like the family members of Christian & Maria....from the counsel session....Archie Mitchel, last name of Yanho....there is nothing on google about any of them so I think all of the names used on the show are not true....and as Roma gypsyies, I get it....it just seems not authentic.

However, of all of the couples...i'd love to see a Christian/Maria/Nina/Michael spinoff.....they made the show interesting and well, they are great for tv :)

Can everyone be found on Google?  I actually agree with you about everything you said.  The spinoff idea is really appealing to me...but I hope it might be produced more ...well... professionally, without the careless edits and bad acting.  

• Love 2

Just caught the end of an ad for Arranged, Season 2, coming May 5 (2nd?). Oooooooooh, must Google and find out more!

ETA:  Wait, is it Season 3? Well, anyway, a new one!

Edited by TeapotWakeen

Ok Thanks for that info. Will have to do another search and see if anything pops up. I am glad we are seeing new couples instead of the other 3. Hopefully if there is a 3rd couple it isn't Christian's brother. 

FYI's hit series "Arranged," which follows modern American singles whose cultural traditions include an arranged marriage, returns with three new couples for a second season. Eleven hour-long episodes are set to premiere beginning Tuesday, May 10 at 9pm ET/PT.

In season two, viewers will follow three couples from different backgrounds that have one thing in common - the belief in arranged marriages. From a young Jewish modern Orthodox couple in New York City, to a southern couple from Texas, to a couple raised by traditional East Indian parents living in California - each have a unique journey to marriage.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2016/04/05/fyi-docuseries-arranged-returns-for-season-two-tuesday-may-10-at-9pm-et-pt-749111/20160405fyi01/#oB4xhre8heGkLuDR.99

That is what I found on the next season. It starts May 10th. I saw the one couple talking in an quick ad the other night. I wish FYI would give us some more on the couples aside from the above that I found and the quick ad.