Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Normal is the Watchword

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica spends the summer trying to become "normal" again, but finds it difficult when Wallace is kicked off the basketball team for testing positive for drugs. Meanwhile, Keith is finding it hard to cope with popularity after releasing his book on the Lilly Kane murder, Logan takes refuge from the paparazzi at Dick and Beaver's, and a field trip to the local sports arena has shocking consequences."

I remember this episode being absolutely devastating when I first saw it. It's still pretty upsetting. I'm sad Logan has gone on such a downward spiral, I'm sad Veronica is back together with bland boring Duncan, I'm sad Meg is being such a BITCH to Veronica, Weevil's feelings are hurt and that makes me both sad and happy (only happy because HE CARES!! He thinks of Veronica as his friend!!). Weevil's there to save the day for Veronica when Mean Meg lets the bus leave her at the gas station and then BAM... the bus goes over the cliff. Gia's great here. I like her a lot as an actress and a character.

• Love 2

Yes, this episode is fairly devastating.  The bus going over the cliff is still sort of shocking--it comes out of nowhere! And as much as I don't care for Veronica and Duncan as a couple, that moment when he realizes she wasn't on the bus and grabs her is pretty moving.  I like the fact that the show doesn't pull any punches in setting up the season's overarching mystery here.  It feels like the stakes have been upped, too, in some ways.

A certain amount of credit should be given to the show for being able to pull off so much exposition to catch up viewers--a lot has happened since the previous season--but it never feels like too much.  At least to me.

Also, there are some funny moments here.  My favorite scene is when Keith gives Wallace advice on how to perform for the drug test--and the resulting shriek of horror from Wallace.  I don't know why, but that makes me laugh every time.

And Gia is great.  Kristen Ritter is someone who surprises me in every role she's in.

• Love 1

A certain amount of credit should be given to the show for being able to pull off so much exposition to catch up viewers--a lot has happened since the previous season--but it never feels like too much.  At least to me.

You're right. It's similar to what they did in Pilot but by now they're more experienced at not making large exposition feel clunky. It's really well done. 

Krysten Ritter! Steve Guttenberg! Charisma Carpenter!

This ep does a really good job moving all the pieces from S1 aftermath to set up for the new mystery; Lisin's right that it is actually a lot like the pilot but much less clunky. The town-at-war setup seems perfectly believable, as does Logan and Veronica's breakup, and yeah Duncan is super boring but the fortune cookie is sweet and the she-wasn't-on-the-bus scene felt real. I also really liked Weevil's initial antagonism but then coming back to give Veronica a ride — maybe she kind of convinced him that Logan really didn't do it, he's not exactly innocent of sleeping with rich kids himself, and besides he's a giant teddy bear anyway.

• Love 2

This episode devastated me.  First : YAY it was Logan at the door! LOVE him!   Then wait, your boyfriend's here and it was Duncan. um, the hell???   I was revolted.  I think Duncan is dull. DULL DULL DULL.  it's like Stefan on the Vampire Diaries.  They are better APART.  I am late coming into this show but ugh, spare me. 

I felt like Veronica was a bit um, needy in this episode. Very clingy on the arms of her boyfriend (s) too, which did not seem like her to me. 

I was really sad about the bus. I was thinking "poor Meg" the whole time.  I wanted to watch more but it was time for True Blood.  Thank goodness it's a rest day for me workout wise--going to binge watch some Veronica Mars when I get home!

• Love 1

I'm so happy you're watching it and enjoying it @rungirl911! I always get excited when a new person starts a Veronica Mars binge :) welcome to the obsession! Plus you won't have to wait for the movie since it's out now so yay for that too! 

• Love 1

Wow, that was a busy summer for Veronica.  Not sure I completely agree with her break up of Logan, she needed to talk to him more.  Of  course he's still upset over everything, and it just didn't seem to me that the relatively short amount of time was enough for him to process everything.

Also agree that Duncan is boring, but gotta hand it to the guy, he does really seem to care about Veronica.

Sorry to see that Meg will no longer be in the show.  (oops maybe we will)  Kindof confused as to why the Limo was behind the bus, though.  If it was really following the bus exactly, wouldn't Duncan had seen Veronica at the gas station and made sure she got back on the bus? 

Glad to see Veronica and Weevil bury the hatchet.

Charisma Carpenter sure looked good. 

Edited by Hanahope