Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Our Undoing

PinkRibbons

So Lola is going to England to be a trade for her family and doing what the baby? Is she taking the baby into a hostage situation? 

Surprised at Narcisse killing the secretary and even more surprised Lola caught on that he did so quickly. That was just a stupid move from him, it made it more obvious for Lola that he had something to hide.

The Spain Prince having brain damage sure worked out for Mary. She gets a strong marriage to Spain, help for her country and her new fiancee has the mentality of a child.

• Love 1
(edited)

I felt like the rat thing was given more weight than it deserved. Like, in Lola's position I don't think I'd sacrifice my marriage on it alone. But they did put enough emphasis on the snowball effect being the real problem, I suppose. I mean, I wouldn't leave him over the rat because honestly, that was Narcisse just being coy, but the murder and conspiracy that followed is definitely splitsville material.

I liked seeing Narcisse realizing the weight of his actions. Last season he sort of seemed to realize them briefly when the castle was raided, but this season he was way in over his head. I loved the part with him and Mary fighting because it brought something out that I didn't realize I was missing from the show here and there. It's obviously not a great real life concept, but I like the literary use of Royal Blood showing through. I felt like Narcisse vs. Mary was very plain Nobleman vs. Queen Mary and don't you forget it.

I liked Catherine with Bash. I know she'll never admit that she killed his mother but I'd like it if she and he kept an unlikely alliance from now on. Bash's ridiculous supernatural plotlines would get a great boost with Catherine involved simply because Megan Follows makes everything and everyone better. Plus Catherine is a believer in this kind of thing so it would make sense.

The part about Mary feeling mercenary struck me as the show being overly modern. Catherine made an excellent point about Mary treating Carlos better than his own father would. It's a win-win situation in every way except that there would be stickiness involving heirs. Although obviously she won't go through with marrying him, but I'm surprised she didn't consider that.

I had to laugh at Mary failing to notice Greer's giant-ass baby bump. And on a sadder note, okay show I get it, Francis is dead and he ain't coming back. I now have to jump on the wagon of hoping Toby will play Darnley. That marriage was a disaster from the word go but it was for love. I could totally buy Mary marrying a man who looked so much like Francis.

I want to say that Claude's an idiot for keeping a diary but then again maybe it's the result of not being around Catherine enough as a child. Can you imagine if she had been raised by her mother? She might be a masterful player by now. Sadly she just seems rather dumb on her own.

Mary and Catherine shenanigans in the beginning of the episode were fantastic. I think the writers finally realized what a goldmine those two are together in every way. Megan Follows is great with everyone but Adelaide Kane is such a perfect counterpoint to her. If this show survives that long, I'll be sorry to see the two part ways.

Did anybody catch the name of who orchestrated the poisoning frame-up? I couldn't.

Lola and Elizabeth, hmm...

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 4

Mary and Catherine shenanigans in the beginning of the episode were fantastic. I think the writers finally realized what a goldmine those two are together in every way. Megan Follows is great with everyone but Adelaide Kane is such a perfect counterpoint to her. If this show survives that long, I'll be sorry to see the two part ways.

I was going to say, just because they part ways doesn't mean we can't still see Catherine, but then I realized you meant even if we still see Catherine it's still too bad they have to part ways. Yeah, I like their partnership but to be honest I'd still just be happy to see Catherine.

I thought Catherine was going to tell Mary to convert to Protestantism.

I would like the Catherine-Bash detente better if they hadn't seemed to be getting along for a long time now. And it still bugs me that he addresses her so informally.

best Catherine lines of the episode:

"That socked moved."

"It feels like only enough for one month."

• Love 1

Did anybody catch the name of who orchestrated the poisoning frame-up? I couldn't.

Nope, I replayed it several times and turned on the captions, no dice. I am still supremely bitter that the CW does little to nothing to promote this show. It's like they are deliberately trying to kill it.

• Love 1

I am wondering if Narcisse acted as he did because he realized he loves Catherine? He said something along the lines of "what is power without love", and then seemed to make no effort to hide what he did from Lola. Then, at the end of the show, his character seemed to show more sympathy towards Catherine (and that look he shot Catherine did seem to actually happen).