Type keyword(s) to search

Hellevator - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just watched the first episode because I saw that it is on Hulu, huzzah! I really enjoyed it. Mindless fun. The bells challenge would have been really easy for me, and that guy killed it. Pun intended. It was funny how jumpy they all were. This show looks like something I'd be good at, because it is tough to scare me, especially when I see it coming. When you sign up for a show called HELLEVATOR, you should be expecting jump scares at every turn.

Watching the second episode...the guy was useless as hell. What a bippity-boppity BITCH. The girls were a bit ballsier, I liked the firefighter chick. That maze didn't look too bad if you could look up. Could solve it by looking in advance. Having a map would make it extremely easy. They did decently in the Labyrinth too, shame they didn't remember the straitjacket.

• Love 1

Is anyone else watching this show? I really, really hope so, because I want more Hellevator, and if nobody watches it will be cancelled. Either way, I will comment on each episode I watch, and enjoy my happy little monologue :)

Murder Castle. Holy shit, what a frustrating episode. The first guy was a giant moron. He disregarded all the clues and kept opening random suitcases. He could have at LEAST opened the blue ones, since the obvious clue was that it was blue. The last guy was even dumber. He had no idea what the challenge even was. Drea (the girl) was so, so frustrating. She was terrified of EVERYTHING. She went through the Labyrinth and didn't even ATTEMPT to grab ANY cash. Why did she even go through there?! I swear to god, if they'd projected her own shadow on the wall she would have cowered and screeched for ten minutes.

• Love 1

Triplets episode was good. Finally a competent group. The girl Irene in the blue shirt was pretty useless in the last challenge with the bodybags, but it worked out. That dude's accent was out of control but he was pretty hot.

I'm watching this, Clare Walks. Love your assessments so far; keep them coming.

•  On the second episode I thought the maze would be hard since they made it hard to look up. I liked the teamwork between the girls. 
  • On Murder House (castle), Did you know HH Holmes (the villian of the episode) was a real person? He was a 19th century serial killer who owned a creepy house with lots of hidden passages and traps which he used to help kill people. I think it's the only episode so far to be about a real person. Also the first guy was a moron. I loved Drea on his team who kept saying "He's not focusing/paying attention." She was totally right. The last guy freaked on his challenge. I didn't quite blame the Andrea for freaking out on the Labyrinth. 
  • Triplets was good. They really worked together. I thought the girl who went last (3rd challenge) wasn't very good at her challenge (which was the puzzle, but she had a lot of help from the hellevator. The guy was really helpful and all three of them really communicated well.

I wasn't expecting to like this show, based on the commercials with all the screaming, but I actually am enjoying. I hope they keep it on and I think it needs a chance to build an audience. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Agree! They can't cancel this, it's amazing. I think the problem is they're on GSN, which a lot of cable providers don't offer. If I didn't have paid Hulu I wouldn't be able to watch at all. (Side note: why don't more such shows put full eps free online and just put a ton of ads in there?)

Watched the last available episode (Mutants) last night. The guy and the blonde girl were awesome. Loved how the guy twerked in the Hellevator and the twins looked so pissed, LOL. Plus he was wearing a thong, which was hilarious and amazing. The black girl was awful at her challenge, bless her heart. She was fantastic at helping out over the walkie in the Hellevator, but then she got to her challenge and just sucked ass at it. My nerd husband was like "you have to do a FULL FACTORIAL!!!" But she kept moving two at once. Argh. Then she had 4 right, moved one color, then had 3 right. Then she moved a DIFFERENT COLOR without moving the old color BACK. AAAAAAGH. So frustrating to watch. Some people just cannot think at all when they are under any kind of stress. I also have no, zero, patience for people who are deathly afraid of nonpoisonous snakes. Get over it, it's $15,000 we're talking about. I would happily wear a blanket of fuckin' snakes for $15,000. For an entire day.

Carnival episode was good. Loved the challenges. It was a bit silly, though, so I can see how a lot of people wouldn't find it creepy whatsoever. It almost had too many actors. It's creepier when a person is relatively alone, or with maybe one person lurking around to scare them. The girl in the second challenge (with the mirrors) was so frustrating. Then again the folks on the walkie weren't helping her enough. They should have said "BITCH, look to YOUR RIGHT, and find THE MIRROR."

Love, love, love this show. I giggle demonically through every episode! I love how the people who fail just... disappear. They're not even mentioned in the final talking heads.

If the producers did this right, it cold have been scary as hell during the first season. I mean, how do you KNOW these people are making a TV show? WOuldn't this be an awesome set up for a serial killer? "Oh, the cameras are hidden. No make-up -- we want it really natural."

I watch too much Criminal Minds.

• Love 1

Finally watched the last episode (Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker). The middle chick was so damn annoying, I was glad she didn't make it to the labyrinth. The first girl in yellow was scared at first but she killed it in the end. 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 7:04 PM, ClareWalks said:

Murder Castle.  The last guy was even dumber. He had no idea what the challenge even was. Drea (the girl) was so, so frustrating. She was terrified of EVERYTHING. She went through the Labyrinth and didn't even ATTEMPT to grab ANY cash. Why did she even go through there?! I swear to god, if they'd projected her own shadow on the wall she would have cowered and screeched for ten minutes.

Yeah, the last guy didn;t even bother to listen to the twins. They distinctly said the missing number in each pattern was the key, but he was reading put all the numbers that were already on the walls! Like, "Hey, stupid! You're supposed to find the patterns! The missing numbers that complete each pattern are the ones she has to enter, NOT every single number on the wall!" I think I could have solved at least three of the four patterns, the last one was tricky.

And yeah, she spent like the first ten minutes of the Labyrinth just standing in one place screaming. It's like, "Yeah, whenever you're ready, ya wanna come here and finish this game?"

• Love 1

ClareWalks said:

I also have no, zero, patience for people who are deathly afraid of nonpoisonous snakes.

I'll defend the contestant who was afraid of the chain link fence of snakes in this way:  the snakes don't know they're on a TV show.  When Andrea (from the "Murder Castle" episode) said she was most afraid of that actress playing a dead zombie child who was crawling on all fours on the floor, my reaction was:

1)  She's an actress.

2)  You're both on a TV show.

3)  None of the human actors are actually going to hurt you; you're on a TV show.

But the animals on this show (the snakes; the scorpions in the suitcase) don't know that; one of the snakes might think, "I'm not poisonous, but I've been put in this strange place under hot lights for hours, so I'm going to bite the next human arm that comes near me because I'm annoyed."  So if I had a fear of snakes, I wouldn't want to go near any, even if I knew none of them are poisonous.

Edited by LeighAnne
  • Love 1

About an hour to go until the new season gets underway.

Though I'm almost sorry the twins got makeovers. I finally was able to figure out who was who..now there's no way to find out which is Jen and which is Sylvia.

Did ya see the new ep tonight? If not they definitely changed things. For 1 thing, it's now 4 contestants, but the twins actually show up in person to kidnap one of them and put them in an "inferno". And if one of the contestants lose the challenge, they get put in the "inferno" along with her. The winners, instead of racing a Labarynth have to race through rooms that correspond to the 7 Deadly Sins (one sin per room) to not only get money but find a key to free the people trapped in the inferno.

Ya know they were telling another true story? Yeah, that cannibal pig farmer was a real person!

Plus the contestants looked slightly older than 20...I'd say late 20's early 30's.

Also...from what I was able to hear, Sylvia sits on the left, Jen sits on the right.

Edited by SpikeGal

Angela is picking up organs with her mouth and putting them in a bin.

Richard:  "Keep calm and concentrate."

One of the Soskas:  "Richard is being super helpful."

I like the Soskas so much.  Their snark really adds to this show.  If they weren't there doing voice-overs there would be a danger that this show would seem to be taking itself too seriously and then become camp, but they keep things fun.

-----------

My favorite part was during the Inferno Challenge when Angela went into the "Pride" room and started to suck the "fat" out of the patient with her mouth.  I think she thought that since she had to pick up organs with her mouth that she was supposed to suck the "fat" out with her mouth, too, and it wasn't until one of her teammates yelled at her to put the bucket on the floor that Angela realized she should let gravity do the work for her.

I also liked the moment in the "Lust" room when Angela put the ring on the Dead Bride, and the Dead Bride came back to life and started trying to scare Angela, and Angela said, "Keep calm!  You're getting married!"  I guess that negates the whole "being dead" thing, then!

I've seen the first three episodes. Honestly, I like it when there's one scaredy-cat on the team to make fun of, but I want to see more brave people. Seeing contestant after contestant incapacitated by shrieking is annoying, not fun. The Soskas are even better this season. LOVE their commentary. I like the 7 deadly sins angle but it is quite repetitive to do it every single episode.

On 9/30/2016 at 6:09 PM, SpikeGal said:

I read somewhere those twins that host this thing were B horror movie actresses.  Don't know if that's true or not, but they're good!

They're directors, but often have cameos in their films. Their work is quite good.

• Love 1