Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Big Store Stop

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I love America Ferrera but they are making her look like Francine, from the PBS cartoon 'Arthur', and now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it

(I love both charters, referring to roles Ferrara has played, and the cartoon character's roles; Ferrera seems like such an awesome woman!!!)

Viva Francine!

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 3:32 PM, lallalla said:

I love America Ferrera but they are making her look like Francine, from the PBS cartoon 'Arthur', and now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it

(I love both charters, referring to roles Ferrara has played, and the cartoon character's roles; Ferrera seems like such an awesome woman!!!)

Viva Francine!

That’s too funny. 

Every once in a while, Amy will do something silly with a big grin on her face, and I’m reminded that she was (the American) Ugly Betty. Otherwise, Amy is dry and sarcastic—nothing like bubbly and optimistic Betty. 

• Love 1

I'm finding it bizarre that a minority of Bo-like fans are so upset that Amy's baby does not have Jonah's DNA, but very reassuring that Jonah is positioned by the show to be the real dad by his proximity to Amy during her pregnancy and birth (future but certain), which has been scientifically proven to trigger all the bonding and parental hormones that make a man into a father. Doubly reinforced by the oxytocin and dopamine rush of being in love as well. In a real world of blended families, this feels satisfying and emotionally true. But I'm a little disturbed that I am obsessed enough with Superstore to have given this so much thought.

• Love 3

I couldn't find a "cast in other roles" topic, so I'll just mention this here.

I was watching the TV series Chuck recently. The actress who plays Sandy only had one line. I just found it amusing that she was walking out of the Buy More at the time she said the line. 

My husband and I just found this show on Netflix and we’re loving it! Starting the second season now, but I wanted to ask: we’re there no forum topics for the first season? I searched here and in the “Other Comedies” forum but couldn’t find anything. Thanks!